Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why are People so Offended by Mid Zilean?

Creator: AncientNecro December 28, 2011 10:18am
Vilify
<Member>
Vilify's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 3:34am | Report
Zilean used to be one of my favorite AP carries. He's so annoying for low to mid range champions to lane against, seeing how a doublebomb chips away 1/3d of your HP. He also can reset cooldowns, slow/speed up and has one of the mothers of all ults.

The only ultimate that comes close in game-changingness is Yorick's ult, Omen of Death. Two Vayne's is just too hard to deal with. :P
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 3:41am | Report
People always find things to T.T about because they're entitled ***es. Just like ppl who cry when you suggest something non-meta, ppl who cry over specific champs being played differently than what fits into their conception are stupid.

But seriously, **** all twitch players. Every twitch player I run into has ragequit when the enemy team started buying Oracle's and completely neutralizing them, and the two good twitch players I've seen have been on the other team, facing my ****** teammates who don't seem to know what "Oracle's Elixir" or "Vision Wards" are.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 6:16am | Report
^ He came to help. He brought the RAGE :D. <3 Twitch. <3 Watching Twitch ragequit when I first slot oracles :D

SSJSuntastic
<Member>
SSJSuntastic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2011 11:05pm | Report
Zilean's a very high skill champion to play in solo queue just because people always seem to waste summoners despite you ulting them. For example, Cho'gath is at the brink of death, you ult him, and he flashes over a wall.

He's also not exactly a true "burst" caster in the sense that brand and annie are, since in order to maximize his damage he needs the enemy heroes to stand close to each other for prolonged periods of time.
Visit my blog at http://www.nerfplz.com for the latest news and pro gossip!
LostTRoll
<Member>
LostTRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 12:06am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Zilean is a really good mid. Don't listen to the noobs, just play well and show them by carrying their dumb selves.

i never thought ill see the day a moderater offend people *sob*(gotta savor this moment)
phew nevr thought i'd get over it.
Anyways zilean is a good mid but people probably call that he sucks because he only has 1 attack movewith a mediocre cooldown. And a bad zilean only ults himself. What they think is also influenced by Elementz tier list a while back, making zilean as the 'best champion'.As you all know, elementz is only famous cuz of his 'ok' tier list (i like him cuz of his awesome stream comments that i watch for a game per week when i'm pissed by my teammates). When a champion that Elementz praise goes to be #1 people will always buy that champion ASAP.When they do they go straight to ranked (in my ezperience since im in the 1700s elo)and dont know how to use his ult in the best way possible or feeds mid or doesnt his team positionning. people with this expeirience will grow to hate zilean as you know it. Or they think youll suck with zilean like that other player(its solo queue gatta expect these things

(or he doesnt really have a good burst... what? dont expect 2 bombs as a threat) ahh the irony
his first bomb may explode immediatly but the second will take 3more seconds.. then you have to wait 7 seconds or more for your Q+W to be out of cd... his E is useless during teamfight and if he gets silenced when hes the targeted one, bye bye zil with (unused, therfore, useless)ult. or teamate calls you a noob for not ulting them when you get unnoticed-by-teammate-silence.An early ult ends in a shame.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 12:28am | Report
One of the most potent slows in the game, and probably the best haste in the game is useless in a teamfight?

Something doesn't seem right here O.o

Btw Zilean is a great mid :P
LostTRoll
<Member>
LostTRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:13am | Report
-tanks nowadays already have an initiation
-supports not going to need it(if they have positionning)
-ad range is going to get cc'd if she somehow got reached so haste is useless when she cant move
-bruiser follows right behind tanks and usually have initiations like the tank but if they dont why would you jump into the fight before every1 on their team targets the tank??? this is solo queue we're talking about so you(zilean) wont know when they(those bruisers without initiation) wants to inititate so when you haste them' most of it is gone before they jump in(early haste) or theyre already so close to the fight(late haste) that the haste is useless.

only time you're going to use it is to throw the bombs in then run out immediatly during fights or to ult some1 whos about to die. or you can use it to help a fleeing companion to run faster but thats post-teafight...that you lost.

and i didnt say he was a bad mid( as that's whats you're implying towards me).i agree hes a good mid. what im trying to say and imply in my previous post is that zilean is a gamble. A zilean cant carrry like other (real)nukers. What your team has to rely on is the ad carry and the bruiser,if he's fairly fed.if the ad feeds, is underlevel, ignorant, overconfident or doesnt have good positionning your team will utterly lose since zil only great utillity is reviving the ad carry that the other team should run with fear. Although, with the right team composition, orginization, communication, coordination, synchronization and all those other ''-tion'' words that a team needs and have, you can, sometimes, shut down zilean. But solo queue team shouldnt have these at a top tier level. So you're free to exploit the the champion at your will

btw did i not say something like ''haste is useless in teamfight'' ?? putting ''most potents slow'' (singed and nasus slow leaves this wth something older than dust) and ''best haste'' doesnt change ''haste is useless in teamfights''...just btw and fyi.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 1:41pm | Report
You don't play a whole lot of melee champs do you? His E is going to be either very good for your melee, or very, very bad for theirs.

Also, I didn't say it was the most potent slow, I said one the the most potent, there is a difference there.

That last bit wasn't directed at you, I was telling the OP that he shouldn't listen to baddies.

Ooh and sorry if your native language isn't english, but I can't really understand you all that well...
LostTRoll
<Member>
LostTRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 2:35pm | Report

You don't play a whole lot of melee champs do you? His E is going to be either very good for your melee, or very, very bad for theirs.

Also, I didn't say it was the most potent slow, I said one the the most potent, there is a difference there.

That last bit wasn't directed at you, I was telling the OP that he shouldn't listen to baddies.

Ooh and sorry if your native language isn't english, but I can't really understand you all that well...

#1 my nativ e language is english
#2 1 of the most potent slow?? there are tons that are equal to that and tons that are better than it.
#3 why would you say ''oh zils a great mid'' when for the past 3pages people have been saying what you've been saying-- with that logic i said ''implying''... if you know wat that word means
#4 showing is always easier than explaining
#5 if you wanted a tl;dr you couldve just asked instead of just insulting people for no apparent reason
#6 im on vacation i rush things, like writing, i dont want to spend half my day reviewing my work.

edit:
#7 i play melee champ like no tomorrow and the ones that i play mostly have a form of skill that closes the gaps fast and cant get inturrupted by this ''slow'', such as a dash -- i implied this in the previous post too
#8 plain and simple. does a 1sec slow really change the outcome of the teamfight?? slow is only good when running away or chasing. it may not be useless in a teamfight but its quite close to it.

people like you just write without thinking
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 8:46pm | Report
1) Well then please type better, I can't really understand you. Not trying to be a ****, just am legitimately having a hard time.

2) 55% for 5.5 seconds? That is a LOT. Of course Nasus' is better because it lowers AS, Nunu's snowball is better because it's constant, and Singed has a better slow with his pool, but it is definately up there. Also most strong slows don't last nearly that long.

3) Why would the person before me say it? Suprisingly not everything everyone says is related to you, get over yourself.

4) I don't even know what you mean here.

5) Again, don't really know what you mean, and I didn't even insult you. I simply said his E isn't useless, and he has a great lane. Again, get over yourself.

6) Being in a hurry doesn't give you the excuse to not make any sense.

7) You never implied that at all, and even still you should know that slows are dangerous to melee champs. A 55% slow is going to be more than enough to allow people to get away from you.

8) 5.5 second slow is quite a lot different than a 1 second slow. In that time you can have their melee kited, and dead before they get to do anything.

People like me write without thinking? I don't even get how you can say that. You're the one who doesn't even make sense. If you don't think that a 55% slow/haste possibly being used twice in a fight is going to be effective then you're either very ignorant, or you're playing in an extremely low skill bracket.

The way your replies are, it doesn't even seem like you read my posts, most of what you're saying doesn't make sense to me, and I don't understand how you can think slows and hastes are useless. I honestly don't even really know what to say to you. Your thoughts, your ignorance, your contradictions, even how you react, just everything about you astounds me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide