Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why are People so Offended by Mid Zilean?

Creator: AncientNecro December 28, 2011 10:18am
1 2 3 4
Lolzork
<Member>
Lolzork's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 10:03am | Report
As long as you dont play the tier 1 champions right now, you'll be called noob if you play any other champs mid.
I'm roflstomping solo q with Talon for example, but people usually start to rage when i mention it :\
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 11:08am | Report

Perhaps you can shed some knowledge? Besides the teammate picks you have already stated, what would be some other good examples of why or when to pick him? Are there any situations where I should be like "Holy ****. It's Zilean, it's gotta be, it's perfect?

Zilean counters certain things, right?

Let's say you have a high threat target. Kog maybe. So they pick Talon to kill Kog. Well, when Talon goes to kill Kog, Zil ults Kog, Talon's efforts are wasted and Talon probably dies without killing Kog.

So this means CERTAIN kinds of assassins are countered by Zilean. Akali can usually kill a target, force Zil ult, and then just kill Zilean however, which is why I used Talon for the example because he can't do that.

GENERALLY, Zilean wins a lot of mid lane match ups. So you put your opponent's mid lane back a little in farm because the lane is tough for them, and you gain this counter pick to assassins or to heavy single target burst or even AoE burst.

Another example; Malzahar.

Malz's full combo + Ignite is countered by Zil's single skill ultimate. In lane phase Zil can just trade bombs for Malz's DoT and usually win that engage. So Zil is a fair pick vrs Malz as well, and counters him to some extent all game.

Another example; Annie.

Annie's job is USUALLY perceived to be land a good flash bear and stun everything, then blow full combo on the AD carry or an assasin type, + ignite, and hopefully it dies. Zil ult counters that because that target does not die.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Zil can out harass Annie as well.

And there are lots of examples of this throughout the champion lists.

TL;DR being?

If they CP your high threat target with burst or an assasin, and you know Zil can smash the face of the AP mid, he is an EXCELLENT pick.

That's about the only time I would ever pick him though.. To protect my Vayne or my Kog or something, or my Akali or my whatever it might be, and to beat down my opponent mid and deny them some farm.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 3:46pm | Report
Zil is a viable pick if the team comp fits the need of not having a super AP carry during the late game stage.

If you want a team with more sustain than damage I'd go for it ! ; )
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 11:18pm | Report
Zilean is a really strong competitive caster. He has pretty amazing harass in lane along with insane amounts of utility.
Xosanj
<Member>
Xosanj's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 4:00am | Report
Mostly cuz they dont understand it lol
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide