Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do people max E on Mid Zed so much?

Creator: Foo18 January 22, 2013 8:51am
1 2
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 5:55pm | Report
Phreak maxed Q

@tehasian

I really don't see your point with eve. Zed's E has 290 range, and Eve's Q has 500. If you are talking about eve's E, then no, she cannot get into range to use it without using either her ultimate to slow, or her W to get close.

I play Zed mid a lot, and I have zero trouble clearing creep while maxing Q. I either use W and wipe it instantly, or just E and Q to wipe it in one or two seconds.

I know E has half the CD, but you have to use your W to get in range. Keep in mind I am only talking about mid lane, against ranged opponents. If you jump into melee range, you are begging to get CC'd and nuked since you have no sticking power, or tankiness.

You don't harass with just Q, you harass with W-E-Q. The 20% slow makes it almost impossible to dodge his Qs. At least, I have never had trouble landing them both.
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 6:37pm | Report
Foo18 wrote:

@tehasian

I really don't see your point with eve. Zed's E has 290 range, and Eve's Q has 500. If you are talking about eve's E, then no, she cannot get into range to use it without using either her ultimate to slow, or her W to get close.

I'm just saying what you said sounds like how Eve is played :P Coincidence, that's it.

Quoted:

I play Zed mid a lot, and I have zero trouble clearing creep while maxing Q. I either use W and wipe it instantly, or just E and Q to wipe it in one or two seconds.

I know E has half the CD, but you have to use your W to get in range. Keep in mind I am only talking about mid lane, against ranged opponents. If you jump into melee range, you are begging to get CC'd and nuked since you have no sticking power, or tankiness.

You don't harass with just Q, you harass with W-E-Q. The 20% slow makes it almost impossible to dodge his Qs. At least, I have never had trouble landing them both.

You don't seem to see my point, but it's ok. I don't play Zed, so I'll just stop arguing. All I know is maxing E gives better and easier wave clear, better for zoning, and better CC.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 6:39pm | Report
People sux at skillshots > max E
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 6:47pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

I'm just saying what you said sounds like how Eve is played :P Coincidence, that's it.

You don't seem to see my point, but it's ok. I don't play Zed, so I'll just stop arguing. All I know is maxing E gives better and easier wave clear, better for zoning, and better CC.

I saw your point, but I just don't agree.

I don't think E gives better creep clear. I clear waves almost instantly when I max E.

I don't think E gives better zoning (or any at all, for that matter. Q is much better for harass against ranged champs). Against melee champs, E does that better, however.

E does give better CC, but I don't think that's worth it. I mean, it's a 1.5 second slow.
__________________________________Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance of your ignorance is bliss._________________________________
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 7:42pm | Report
Q is better ranged clear and when you consider that minions are almost always stacked in a line in middle lane it makes a lot of sense to max Q

trying to use E to harass means that you have to use living shadow meaning that you've also blown your only escape spell for another 20 seconds or however long its rank 1 cooldown is

the second cast of E is super easy to dodge because they can literally just walk away from the shadow

meanwhile maxing Q helps you last-hit from range and is more reliable poke, while double Q is more burst that's much more likely to hit than two Es in a row

personally i always do R>Q>E>W unless i'm jungling
Dtrikz
<Member>
Dtrikz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 7:46pm | Report
Maxing Zed's E gives you wave clear and more consisent damage and the damage doesnt fall of everytime it hits something. It's also much easier to hit than the Q as well as a lower cooldown on it.
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 8:08pm | Report
Okay let's agree on something: Zed's clear is stellar. No matter what.

Now, you will get Q at lvl 1 anyway, check out if they dodge well. If they dont, I hardly see a reason for you to max E. I know that "two E's do more damage than a Q", but being able to land those two E is just as theorical as landing a Q's is.
Also, how safe are you in your lane? Let's say you fight a strong burster+Maokai, I would certainly not want to waste my single escape.

xSpecial told us to max E after 3 days or something. He certainly wasnt wrong, and I did follow his advice. Then I figure: hey, I'm not 2k8 at all, and most 1k5 players cant even dodge my Q's.
Like... I'm NOT xSpecial, and my opponent is NOT Scarra. I most definately dont have the same needs. I might switch to 100% E some day, but so far, my skill order strongly depended on my opponent.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2013 12:56am | Report
I control f these two pages and no one talks about taking wraiths? You 2-3 shot wraiths and that's a free 50g~ every 1min on top of your farm. With Zed maxing e you can roam, push and farm easily as people said. E also has 1/2 the cooldown of shuriken so it's more spammable and reliable damage when you have almost no cooldown.

edit: accidentally words

Foo18
<Member>
Foo18's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2013 7:02am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

I control f these two pages and no one talks about taking wraiths? You 2-3 shot wraiths and that's a free 50g~ every 1min on top of your farm. With Zed maxing e you can roam, push and farm easily as people said. E also has 1/2 the cooldown of shuriken so it's more spammable and reliable damage when you have almost no cooldown.

edit: accidentally words

ffs... E DOES NOT GIVE BETTER CLEAR. I have played both, and I can still clear wraiths three seconds, same as if you maxed E. I can still clear the wave and roam just as quickly.

E does do more DPS, but the issue is getting in range. You only have one gap closer every 15-22 seconds (depending how many Es you hit). Most ranged champs do not let you get away with jumping into melee range and getting two Es off. Zed has no sticking power or tankiness.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide