Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is it that 90% of the LoL community is like...

Creator: TheWorldAsunder March 9, 2011 6:35pm
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Jet wrote:

personally, i troll people who show they get worked up because it flaws their gameplay, and is generally entertaining

i've made a legendary lux miss all her skillshots and cost her team the game before

i also tell people they are bad (on my team, usually) if they are costing us the game in an attempt to make them never play said champion again (cause they were really bad) or atleast make an effort to improve their gameplay (in the sense of realising "yeah, this isn't working, I'm going to try something else or look at something else to help me play better")

Oh, so you're just an *******.

********, why is EVERY high-elo person like this?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:15pm | Report
What you call being an ******* (the whole "lol lux why u missin dat snare i was standing still" sort of trolling) people generally call tatical gameplay.

In regards to calling someone bad, it's not my job to tell them how to play properly, I just point out that there is something wrong, they should be the ones fixing it.

I shouldn't have to tell someone at 1700 ELO why Rylai's is a bad item on a champion with stuns, why phantom dancers doesn't make you a stronger ranged carry, and why Janna shouldn't have more CS than her lane partner, let alone 1/4 of their CS.

But I digress, obviously I should spend my time teaching people how to do the basics (what should be considered "basics" at that point in ranking) of their champion.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:23pm | Report
Jet wrote:

What you call being an ******* (the whole "lol lux why u missin dat snare i was standing still" sort of trolling) people generally call tatical gameplay.

In regards to calling someone bad, it's not my job to tell them how to play properly, I just point out that there is something wrong, they should be the ones fixing it.

I shouldn't have to tell someone at 1700 ELO why Rylai's is a bad item on a champion with stuns, why phantom dancers doesn't make you a stronger ranged carry, and why Janna shouldn't have more CS than her lane partner, let alone 1/4 of their CS.

But I digress, obviously I should spend my time teaching people how to do the basics (what should be considered "basics" at that point in ranking) of their champion.

What really sets me off is that you intentionally make the enemy have a horrible time so you can win. That's nothing short of despicable.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:40pm | Report
Seniorsix wrote:

There is a difference in a being at a tournament or even just the people who are playing at a tournament. People are gonna be ruder?(more rude?) when they aren't gonna be physically confronted about it.

As a high level tourney player from a fighting game (which is arguably the genre of game that promotes the most competitive of atmospheres), I can honestly say that I've not come across many people like this, even if they aren't attending a tournament. Many times, players will never meet eachother due to not making nationals, or not being able to attend minor tourneys at the same time. Along with that, plenty of people will randomly troll through online lag together (though it is atrocious in fighting games) Yet all this anonymous stuff remains very tame.

At the tournament, I HAVE seen SOME trolling and rage as well as petty rivalries. But really the frequency of this kind of thing is much higher in LoL.
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 8:01am | Report
It is really upsetting.

But worst of all..... yes even worse than your enemies talking trash to you....

Is your teammates talking trash to you.

For example, one of your teammate comes in starts hitting enemy rammus, so you also hit with ultimate, but before your ultimate lands, your teammates has taken out 70% of rammus hp--but you get the killhit.

Your teammate goes: "wtf, you are such a killstealer..." etc etc.

It's really ******ed. It's a team game, people steal my kills all the time, but I don't complain. But some people think there is a conspiracy where people are purposefully trying to steal your kills.

Even worse is when you get stunned or ganked a bunch of times, which can happen to even high-ELO players---suddenly teammates call you a feeder or blame you for the loss.

There is no reason for this. You're not going to convince someone to stop playing that champ. You're not going to help them get better at the game by insulting them. You're not going to make yourself feel better by you pointing out someone else's flaw, to which they will respond by pointing out your flaws (if your teammate is dying a lot, why aren't you saving him/her? or ganking a weakling on the enemy team?).

I got a better idea for you guys... Why don't you instead of insulting, tell people what they did wrong? "Bro, you are overextending all the time." or "brah, you bought mejai's when you should just go for the death cap." or "bro, you're not getting enough minion kills."
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 8:10am | Report

At the tournament, I HAVE seen SOME trolling and rage as well as petty rivalries. But really the frequency of this kind of thing is much higher in LoL.

Because LoL is a free game (meaning there are lots of teenagers and little kids). Also, because LoL is very very teamwork-dependent game. I don't care how good you are, you could have 1000 normal wins, but if your team sucks or is feeding or whatever, you will more than likely, lose.

LoL also has a high demand of situational knowledge. Knowing what to do, and when to do it. Which means people need experience and memory in order to be good at this game, much like chess. For many it takes 100s of wins to build up this memory database of situational awareness/strategy.

There are no guides for strategy, only guides for certain champs, just tid-bit tips here and there in various guides. So players must rely on watching others or experiencing lots of defeat to understand the game. And there are definitely players who are not capable of self-reflection and changing their habits (the level 30 noobs who sacrifice themselves on enemy team one by one).
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2011 11:20am | Report
Hey, I have a huge tip on how to deal with this;

DO NOT USE THE CHAT!

It is clear that she is putting you under pressure, replying will be your undoing.
PStyle
<Member>
PStyle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2011 8:31pm | Report
Kinda like what ShadowReign says
They have nothing else in their life other than LOL
Check her record, and you might find their 10 recent games are all from the same day
And its like that everday
I hate when everyone says gg at the end and 1 person will be like "Noobs, you guys suck"
2 of my Guides

Malphite

Cho'Gath
SrsBsns1338
<Member>
SrsBsns1338's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 4:39am | Report
This is our (human) design. Cold-hearted and cruel we are to the ends of infinity, and the only thing you can do is simply use the ignore function to the same degree of extremity. That, and assign no value to other player's thoughts. In other words, just don't give a **** about what anybody has to say!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2011 4:59am | Report

This is our (human) design. Cold-hearted and cruel we are to the ends of infinity...

and thus is the theory of Thomas Hobbes.

and lol @ Jet's strategy; funny, but understandable, that it works xD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide