Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is Trinity Force Good on Udyr???

Creator: Sir Reborn April 14, 2012 4:44pm
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 5:50pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

Should build udyr situationally, as you should with almost every top.

i generally buy triforce as one of my last items, but get a phage early.

this pretty much

udyr is one of the most flexible champions in the game regarding build. triforce is generally a late-game item as there are better items to build early and mid game on both tiger and phoenix udyr. tiger generally goes wriggle's first with doran's stacking and then from there you're free to branch off into Maw, Wit's End, Phage/Mallet or Phage/Triforce, FoN, etc. Phoenix usually rushes Wit's End and can branch into Randuin's, Aegis, Frozen Heart, Phage/Mallet, Phage/Triforce, etc.

The decision between Mallet and Triforce is a flexible one, but most Udyr players opt for Triforce after getting all their tanky items (because turtle spam can effectively add several thousand health during a team fight). None of the stats are wasted, movespeed is particularly effective on Udyr, the Phage proc is almost guaranteed if you're going Tiger and you'll have Wit's End on Phoenix udyr anyway, and the Sheen proc will always be up since you're stance dancing so much.

It's basically a late-game item since Wit's End and other items are better for offense early on and tanky items are so amazing on him mid-game.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 6:21pm | Report
I've never seen a Udyr build Tri Force in a ranked game. Like, he needs other items like Wit's End much more than Tri Force. Getting Tri Force as a 6th item is also pretty iffy since it peaks at mid game and falls off late game.

The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 8:06pm | Report
What makes it so good isn't the basic addition to ap, hp, mp, ad, and as (even though thats QUITE a mouthfull) but rather all the unique passives that each of the smaller items give you. Each of them is incredibly useful.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 9:20pm | Report
Sir Reborn wrote:

So, why Warden's Mail and Randuin's Omen? and why is FM and The Black Cleaver bad?

Udyr has no range. Blazing Stampede or Flash can only take you so far. Warden's Mail provides much needed armor, but the effective slow and AS debuff make chasing/fighting much easier on Udyr. The active Randuin's Omen provides is just icing on the cake when your teamfighting.

Frozen Mallet isn't terrible on Udyr, Trinity Force is just better than it. Black Cleaver would fill his last situational slot, but only in heavy Armor wearing games. I honestly don't buy it because there are better damage items for Udyr.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2012 11:31pm | Report
Xaioli wrote:

I've never seen a Udyr build Tri Force in a ranked game. Like, he needs other items like Wit's End much more than Tri Force. Getting Tri Force as a 6th item is also pretty iffy since it peaks at mid game and falls off late game.

he falls off even harder late game if you go for a mallet. if you need to be the main tank that's fine but phage is so good on him and since by late game you will be so tanky already you can buff your damage up a bit by finishing up a triforce.

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide