Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

wow new design

Creator: wowzer May 9, 2012 1:38am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

15 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
wowzer
<Member>
wowzer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 1:38am | Report
Just had to signup just to tell you guys to revert back. The new design blows. It also disallows non registered members to see the build array.
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 1:52am | Report
Idk how I feel about the aesthetics myself but I looooooooooooooove love love that I can click on comments at the top of the build. That makes my life so much easier. lol
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
acertorix
<Member>
acertorix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 1:53am | Report
I support that, the tooltips are confusing, the layout is actually drawing attention to the background instead of the guide. and the information on the stats is completely horrible. Please revert it back ASAP. I also signed up simply to tell you this...I would have willingly signed up for other reasons if you needed to also, not just for complaigning, and most likely would have liked to sign up. However you forced me to sign up to complaign about your layout.
Bistaviam
<Member>
Bistaviam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 2:02am | Report
Forgot I had an account, my god revert it back
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 3:15am | Report
@wowzer, FYI the issue with builds is fixed now. It was a bug that only came up when viewing an already-cached version of the guide as a guest. Tricky to catch in staging. Bugs happen on a new feature :) Anyways it's fixed! I reset all the caches, haven't found another such issue.

@NinjaGinge, glad you like the discussion tab!

@acertorix, which tooltips are confusing, and why? We can adjust them if need be, but I'm not sure what the issue is. I also don't follow you about the background? The design is opaque and the background is no more apparent than on any other page of the site?

@Bistaviam, please explain what you don't like about it. We listen very closely to our users, but we aren't going to just revert it with no good reason :) We may be able to address your concerns and improve the design for everyone!

We invite any and all feedback on this, negative or positive, keep it coming. I do ask that you provide details though and don't just say "because I don't like it", that isn't helping anyone :)
Sindustry
<Member>
Sindustry's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 3:18am | Report
Really not feeling the way the forums look. The colors clash and make it look very thrown together is the most I can explain right now.
KesslerCOIL
<Member>
KesslerCOIL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 3:19am | Report
It's annoying me, when looking at guides i cant just glance at it and see everything i need to know and when i hover over stats it doesnt say how much from items/runes.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 3:25am | Report
love it~
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 3:27am | Report
@Sindustry, just out of curiosity, does the background on the comments, on the new guides page, appear grey to you instead of blue? There may be a bug causing this. It should appear dark blue. That would explain your concerns, otherwise if you are seeing it as dark blue, what colors do you feel are clashing? It's all just shades of blue.

@KesslerCOIL, all of the information that was there before is still there, just different positioning. What are you unable to see at a glance? The hovering over stats I didn't actually think people used, I pulled it as it adds a fair bit more load building the page. I can add it back in.

@A Chubby Baby, glad you like it!!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2012 3:48am | Report
Overall this new layout is absolutely great; it's practical, more compact and I think it's far more clear than the previous design. There are only three problems I'm experiencing:
First, I think that the green colour that marks the skills clashes with the rest of the design; to me it just doesn't seem to fit in.

Second, I've decided to write a guide without the whole chapters feature. I've made my own Table of Contents with anchors, etc. because I wanted to use banners to mark my chapters. The old build design omitted the mobafire-generated ToC that way; the new design does not. This is my greatest issue and I presume you guys can fix that. If you are willing, thanks in advance!

Third, the build names seem to have vanished and simply replaced by 'build 1' and 'build 2'; I'd rather see the old build names return.

Overall, great new design but I'd like to see the things listed above fixed. One thing to conclude this post: man the guides load fast now; excellent! ^^
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide