Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yorick: The infinite sustain douchebag, and how...

Creator: Acid Reigns March 31, 2012 5:33am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 12:08pm | Report
Sounds like it could work, must try this out sometime :>

One question, how do you deal with Yorick pre-6? Yorick deals quite a lot of damage early game and Sion won't have any sustain/MR to deal with it yet.. so how do you get past that point to level 6 without falling behind too much?
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 12:17pm | Report
I'm guessing you start Cloth Armor 5 Health Potions.

I outsustained a Yorick that way as Fiora :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 12:22pm | Report
Even with cloth armor.. a lot of his damage is magic damage and 5 potions isn't nearly enough to sustain you to level 6. He's a huge pain to deal with in the early levels that's why I'm wondering how you'd do it on a Sion
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 1:36pm | Report
Early life steal maybe, but what's more important is his shield.
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Yes, Yorick is annoying as heck, but what I've learnt, is that his slow ain't nearly enough to keep very aggressive laners away from him. I think one of the strongest counters as well is someone like Udyr. Get Turtle to level 3, and his ghosts are toast. Oh, and the first item I get is either Spirit Visage or Chalice of Harmony. With an MR rune page I generally find Yorick no problem unless he approaches me, in which case I bear him and slash him up with tiger.

And I think Sion must be one of the best counters to him indeed. With a gapcloser Q and a ridiculous E sterioid, you can actually harass him so much that he has to waste his mana on you, hence "draining his mana somehow.."
There is no victory without humility.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 2:43pm | Report
Even while Sion should be a good counter, it's totally in a different direction from what you're stuttering.

That Stun would be nothing more than a waste of mana you could have spent on your shield.
While this "great" gap closer hauls you in 1-2 autohits at best before Yorick's at a safe distance again, you got an instant lifeleech ghoul on your *** to donate what he just lost.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 3:38pm | Report
I'm intrigued...

Does sions passive work against yoricks ghouls as well?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 4:29pm | Report
Early ganks beat Yorick.

Just position yourself so that he'd push lane whenever he uses W and tell your Lee Sin to get his *** over to top lane one or two times early.

He really really loses to early ganks.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 11:34pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Even while Sion should be a good counter, it's totally in a different direction from what you're stuttering.

That Stun would be nothing more than a waste of mana you could have spent on your shield.
While this "great" gap closer hauls you in 1-2 autohits at best before Yorick's at a safe distance again, you got an instant lifeleech ghoul on your *** to donate what he just lost.

Even though 1-2 autohits + stun can snatch out half of his health? At least if he's not running armor items, which he shouldn't be, as mana regen is way better for him.

Critplank is also dangerous for Yorick.
There is no victory without humility.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 11:48pm | Report
Wut.

Mana regen...? Over Armor?

You do know there's been a thread somewhere that says mana regen yellows are completely useless. And you put them on Solo top Yorick, when Armor is more beneficial 99% of the time.

Not running armor items? One of the best items for Yorick, if I'm not mistaken, is Frozen Heart. Tell me that's not an armor item, and tell me it's bad for Yorick.

Cryptic Gaze spamming makes you run OOM faster than Yorick will. You're going to have no shield later while he life steals off YOU under YOUR tower.

There always seems to be a lot of things wrong with your ideas :/ no offense.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide