Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your off-meta wishlist

Creator: Ronyk February 1, 2018 10:42am
1 2
Ronyk
<Member>
Ronyk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2018 10:42am | Report
Hiya!

I made this thread hoping to share my favorite off-meta ideas, and to hear ones the rest of you would want to play or see in action someday.

For this first post, there are two that have been on my mind for a while:

The first is Bot lane Draven with Yasuo "Support" (like, the way that Annie or Veigar supports, but still dishes out damage mid and late game). Yasuo can still proc off the Relic shield, help with Draven's already strong trades with the wind wall, and most importantly, can get an easymode ultimate at level six with Draven's Stand Aside!

The other thought I had isn't one of my own: Way back early on (season 2 I think) Team Dignitas played a duo Jungle: Shyvana and Taric (who at the time had a point and click stun). Bottom and top still got their full xp, and Taric stayed far enough away from the camps so that Shyvana would be able to get what she needed. I'm betting Duo jungle could be a thing either to help speed up clears, provide additional CC during ganks, or both (I think Leona's Sunlight procs onto minions... but I don't remember).

What's on your Off-meta wishlist?
My 3 rules of gaming:
1. If your game starts to feel too much like work, play a different game.
2. Have fun
3. If your idea of having fun is ruining somebody else's fun, find a different way to have fun.
Dzopilant
<Fabulous>
Dzopilant's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2018 2:42pm | Report
Off-meta is often the best thing to "refresh" our pleasure to play league once in a while even if it is often a high risk high reward concept with medium win rates.

Concerning double jungler there was an interesting discussion about it quite recently : Double jungle discussion

Adding my own concept (maybe nothing new but still my idea without checking if someone else put it somewhere already) : Sion top, Ziggs mid, Tristana ADC, Bard sup and Shaco or Rammus jungle; all with Demolish and lots of rotations with Bard Magical Journey.
= ALL YOUR TOWERS BELONG TO US !
Ronyk
<Member>
Ronyk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2018 2:50pm | Report
I like it.

One I had a long time ago was
Renekton or Nasus Top
Shyvana Jungle
Swain Mid
Quinn ADC
and either Lulu or Renekton Support

Everybody's ultimate is some kind of transformation.
My 3 rules of gaming:
2. Have fun
3. If your idea of having fun is ruining somebody else's fun, find a different way to have fun.
ColossalDonut5
<Member>
ColossalDonut5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2018 5:44am | Report
I wish I had Nautilus, he's a good support but also a ton of viability in Jungle and Top Lane which is fun to play despite being off-meta
Noob Zilean, Rammus and Kled trio main that loves to cause mischeif, mostly plays mid, top or support (practising Jungle). Also play Veigar, Vel'Koz, Thresh, Amumu, Fizz and Tahm Kench. I also dabble in random heroes that hit the free rotation that pique my interest.

Going mid as a support with ignite is more fun and effective than I ever imagined!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2018 12:17pm | Report
I've never seen Yasuo and Draven, but I've seen and played Yasuo and Janna bot lane a few times. It's not really fun but it works I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2018 2:24pm | Report
I miss Jungle Nasus being meta (still play it though)
Ronyk
<Member>
Ronyk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2018 2:56pm | Report
The_Nameless_Bard, you are a hero and a scholar keep the off-meta dream alive!

Miss Maw, I know you mostly play support, but that you also Jungle. How would you organize a team that featured duo Jungle?

I encourage anybody who has an opinion to answer that, by the way.

I think the duo jungle could be Shyvana with Annie support (for the easy point and click CC on ganks). You'd want an ADC who could hold their own in a 1v2 lane... Caitlyn comes to mind. Some tanky top laner like Shen or Singed... and maybe a mixed damage mid lane? Maybe Corki or Kayle. Maybe the jungler support could be Bard or even Ivern! I wonder if it could work...
My 3 rules of gaming:
2. Have fun
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2018 4:31am | Report
Caitlyn will just get jumped on I think. Maybe Ezreal with Kleptomancy or something like that. Or Kindred jungle, which opens up more options for a solo bot laner. (something like a mage with good wave clear, the duo bot will most likely try to rush the turret)

EDIT: Also, Nunu & Willump. Something I hate seeing at the moment. Could clear very fast with Kindred.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2018 3:54am | Report
I honestly have no clue what would work when it comes to double jungle, if anything. I just wouldn't do it tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by jhoijhoi
Lady Amelyne
<Member>
Lady Amelyne's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2018 7:13am | Report
It might seem like a nice, fun idea to you, but double jungle doesn't work. No AD carry can safely 1v2 without getting zoned zoned really badly, especially with how prevalent and strong supports like Alistar or Braum are, for example. This also lets them roam for free and create pressure elsewhere, not to mention that your bot lane turret will go down very, very quickly, as they can dive your AD carry with their jungler in a 1v3. You also don't need help speeding up the jungle clear - strong junglers such as Shyvana or Sejuani clear really quickly already and your second jungler will be severely starved of xp.
Credits go to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide