Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ability to Link Builds that are Incomplete?

Creator: Mowen January 15, 2011 12:44am
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 12:44am | Report
Hello, I am working on my first build and trying to get feedback from some people, and I am finding it really frustrating trying to communicate to them. I think it would be great if our profiles could have an "in progress" section and a "completed builds" section, so to say. This way people can link their in progress builds in the build/guide discussion for feedback instead of just advertising (hopefully). I just think this would be great to have.

The only problems I forsee (besides actually making the code and all... ) is that there could be debate over idea theft if people see ideas in the "in progress" phase and it would be hard to tell who came first. I don't know. I still think it would be worthwhile and would help us make our builds great before we publish them.

Thank you for reading!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 12:46am | Report
I agree. Being able to link your draft, so to speak, would be awesome.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 1:12am | Report
Hmmm you mean like having a comment section on people who have say "a viewable draft" so people can discuss, theory craft etc? If so I believe that would be a great idea.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 7:51am | Report
Yes, exactly Adonikam.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 5:02pm | Report
In order to combat the theme of "idea theft", make it so that drafts have a "date of draft creation".

You would, however, still have to take risks with people who would go so far as to create a bunch of blank drafts beforehand just for the sake of saying that their idea came first.

This is unlikely, but I'm just warning you that it may be a possible downside of this system.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 9:21pm | Report
What if we added the build reset feature? Wouldn't that essentially be the same thing. You publish your build while you're working, get feedback and ignore your score (or disable it if we add that option) and then when you're done you reset it.

The thing is we don't want to make it overcomplicated. Having the unpublished drafts visible only to the author is what 99% of users will want and expect. Trying to add some in-between state is just kind of awkward and confusing?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 9:48pm | Report
Tbh I think that the idea of a visible draft is meant to encourage feedback. If that's the case, I suggest that one could just use the option to disable voting completely on the guide (when said option comes out) and enable voting whenever wanted. Also, we've got the build and guide discussion thread for that purpose as well.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2011 10:07pm | Report
I just don't feel like enough people will do that to warrant making the system even more complicated than it already is. If you want feedback, just publish your guide. Even without a build reset, you can always archive/copy/publish a new version.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2011 4:11am | Report
It would be very nice to be able to disable votes on builds you only want to show or get feedback on. I would definetly use the function.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide