Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Smitefire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account






Or

's Forum Avatar

Bug not allowing me to update or edit my guide

Creator: GTB79 September 15, 2017 5:48am
1 2
GTB79
<Member>
GTB79's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
16
Joined:
Dec 28th, 2016
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 5:48am | Report
When i attempt to make a change to my guide by saving it just has the loading circle forever and never saves, and if i publish it gives me and error saying i must have at least 1 chapter with text. Id really like to change my work but it wont allow it.
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
103
Joined:
Jul 24th, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 6:01am | Report
same for me. Additionally, when I try to re-open the editing screen, it simnply shows the builds but not the chapters.

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10405
Joined:
Oct 16th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 6:42am | Report
GTB79 wrote:
When i attempt to make a change to my guide by saving it just has the loading circle forever and never saves, and if i publish it gives me and error saying i must have at least 1 chapter with text. Id really like to change my work but it wont allow it.

Same here.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
9543
Joined:
Nov 18th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 6:58am | Report
Same for me, I'll message the admins and it should be fixed soon™
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
4286
Joined:
Dec 8th, 2009
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 7:38am | Report
It may have been timing out. We've done a few tweaks to try and fix this. I did a few tests and I was able to save fine, so please try now and let us know if you're still having issues.

@ Penita13 when I edit your Xerath guide I see the chapter fine. If you edit it now do you still not see the chapter?
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
103
Joined:
Jul 24th, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 7:48am | Report
Upon entering the editing screen from the page of my actual guide, I get to see the chapters as well. However, when I reload the page (I did so after the saving button kept loading), I just get the builds-tool, not the chapter(s)

Edit: The issue with the saving feature seems to persist as well. I left my guide for a few mins to allow it to save, but it didn't do so

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
4286
Joined:
Dec 8th, 2009
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 7:51am | Report
I am not able to replicate that. No matter what I do, the chapters always show for me. So when you hit F5 to reload the page, the chapters disappear? It happens every time? And did you try again just now, with a fresh load of the edit page, and you still can't save?
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
103
Joined:
Jul 24th, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 7:52am | Report
Yes, yes and I did... :c

Edit: If you'd like, I could open up a new thread and provide a step-by-step procedure with some pictures.

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
GTB79
<Member>
GTB79's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
16
Joined:
Dec 28th, 2016
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 8:00am | Report
Matt wrote:
It may have been timing out. We've done a few tweaks to try and fix this. I did a few tests and I was able to save fine, so please try now and let us know if you're still having issues.

http://prntscr.com/gljebc

Still getting this error
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
103
Joined:
Jul 24th, 2015
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2017 8:04am | Report
Matt wrote:
I am not able to replicate that. No matter what I do, the chapters always show for me. So when you hit F5 to reload the page, the chapters disappear? It happens every time? And did you try again just now, with a fresh load of the edit page, and you still can't save?


So, I just did a quick reboot of my pc. The saving problem is still there, however the problem of not showing chapters seems to have become (or has always been, I might just have gotten unlucky) occasional, rather than structural. It still happens though.

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide