Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[MOBAFIRE] Automatic stream pop-ups slows the...

Creator: thissiteisdumb2 October 1, 2018 11:47pm
thissiteisdumb2
<Member>
thissiteisdumb2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2018 11:47pm | Report
I like the site and what it is, its just frustrating when your internet is too slow to watch streams and the site automatically opens up a stream for you, just for that to very often make the site load so slow i click away and find something else

I use this site for when i need to find runes for champions. So it is really frustrating when the site first takes ages to load. Because of the streams and all the other unnecessary stuff that is put it to make the page *look cool* or whatever. I need the runes up fast and quick, and i dont care about the hecking rebroadcast of the stream by the dude that made the rune guide. Like i understand you want to advertise peoples steams, but dont have it automatically open up, that just wrecks the speed of the site, and generally makes the site frustrating to use, and kind of makes me despise the streamer.(tho i know that is foolish, but its a moment of annoyance, and their face is the one i see) Also when the stream pops up it moves the runes down so if you need to have a quick look back an forth between the client and the page i suddenly have to scroll and it just makes for an unpleasant experience. I dont know why it bothered me so much i had to make an account just for this, but heck.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2018 5:15pm | Report
Moved this to Site Support since it's a site issue.

Thanks for your feedback on the autoplaying streams. I definitely understand it can be frustrating to load the stream whenever you open guides with embedded streams in them if you're having difficulties with your internet connection or your computer. If you click the Close Stream button at the bottom of the embed, the stream will be hidden and won't take up any of your bandwidth anymore.

I've gotten a couple suggestions for an opt-out feature so users could choose not to see these streams automatically. I'm not in charge of site development so I can't give an ETA on when such a feature would be available, but I do think it would make a good addition to the site for people in situations like yours where the embedded streams are more of a hindrance than a help.

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience you've had with the embeds and I hope we can improve the site so that you aren't frustrated while browsing. Thanks again for leaving your feedback; it helps to know what community members are thinking and feeling about different site features.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
thissiteisdumb2
<Member>
thissiteisdumb2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2018 9:42pm | Report
Thanks for the response, good to hear you are looking into it!
I'm just happy my complaint was heard.
SirRudi
<Member>
SirRudi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2019 4:12pm | Report
Is there a way to disable it ? Or not yet?..
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2019 7:38pm | Report
@ SirRudi Yep, just edit your profile and click the More Info tab. Check the box that says "Disable stream autoplay" and click Update at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
4nt3k
<Member>
4nt3k's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2019 8:35am | Report
Thank you this is a very useful feature for low speed HDD and fully loaded RAM space pcs <3
Weilf
<Member>
Weilf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2022 6:02am | Report
The thread is old, but I still can get what the OP is talking about.
My PC is very old, and we have not updated it since 2010. So, it’s like a dinosaur with only 4GB of RAM, and sometimes it is even problematic to surf the Internet. Especially the websites like this that load a lot of stuff right away. And it’s not about the bad Internet connection; it’s about the inability of my PC to bear all the information being loaded up to it. I even had to go to salvagedata.com to make the data recovery from an old HDD because it had just crashed. I really want my mom to update the PC, but she simply does not have money for that.
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2022 2:30am | Report
Hey @ Weilf!

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me what browser you're using and from what region you're visiting?

Let me know and I'll see what we can do! 😁

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide