Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Problems with background and pageload

Creator: IceCreamy December 27, 2011 4:59pm
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Hey!

Just wanted to share 2 issues I recently experience a lot.

1. I make use of columns in my guides, and to do so I need to add some empty space in between the text. Usually it goes fine by just writing some text in black, but at the top of each chapter the background color is slightly brighter. This way people can see the text I wrote in black, which was not my intention. Could the background color perhaps be entirely black?

2. Sometimes, a page loads very slowly. I had it a lot today while updating my guides, is it a problem with the ads or a problem with my guides? I use some pictures I uploaded, could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance for the answers :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2011 2:17am | Report
1) I'll run this by Flash, that's his department :) Maybe we can allow you to set your own override background colors.

2) Unfortunately the way web browsers handle Javascript, if an external server hosting a script is not responding it can lock up the page load. That is likely what was happening. It's quite rare but it can happen from time to time. You will often see the status bar at the bottom of the browser stating that it is trying to connect to another domain. If you find this happening a lot, make a note of what domain it is that isn't responding and let us know what it was, and we can look in to it.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2011 4:39am | Report
Whatever you do Matt, don't change columns in guides :P I've spent hours learning how to use it, and if it gets changed a lot of people's guides would be completely screwed over because of the invisible "space" I've made people add to their columns :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2011 5:29am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Whatever you do Matt, don't change columns in guides :P I've spent hours learning how to use it, and if it gets changed a lot of people's guides would be completely screwed over because of the invisible "space" I've made people add to their columns :P

Indeed :o I was just trying to get the background changed, it kinda sucks if people can read what **** you typed there ;D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide