Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Reporting and how it works?

Creator: TheSoupKitchen#99523 August 13, 2011 4:15pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:15pm | Report
I have encountered a few people voting or what is "Troll Voting" and was wondering how to adress the issue? I tried to report, but when I click to report for Troll Voting it asks me to read the forum so I did and all the rules are applied under this circumstance. How exactly do I adress the issue, they also obviously made a new account to downvote me too because the newest downvote is from a user with a name like (Asdfgasd) and has 0-1 posts.
Check out my in depth guides by clicking on the stamps below!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:19pm | Report
We do not remove "troll" votes merely because it's 100% irrelevant if the user is new or not. Members are allowed to vote, and it will remain this way. Opinion is opinion.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:20pm | Report
Here's a quick tip:
Don't make guides for new champions. Wait at least 2months.
You'll need almost that much time to get good enough to warrant a guide for the champion anyway..

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:23pm | Report
Well, on some champs, there are trollvoters with multiple accounts which downvotes all to be the top guide... I hate those people...
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:26pm | Report
Do you have proof of that? MOBAFire has a system that disables users to be able to vote on the same guide with a different account, due to your IP being logged when voting the first time.

No evidence, no case, falsified claims.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:27pm | Report
If you have a flexible IP-Adress, you can get a new IP easy...
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:29pm | Report
If you are referring to the IP address you find in your ipconfig: No. Go to myip.dk and look at that IP. To change it you have to contact your network host, which is a little bit over the top for trolling.

Regardless; Confront us with any evidence of multiple IP cheating, and we will remove all the multiple votes but the first one. The first one is still valid because ANY USER ON MOBAFIRE CAN VOTE.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:31pm | Report
I even have a flexible ip-adress. This helps if you download things from some specific sides. All you need is the programm router-control. You just reset your router and you have a new ip-adress. This works...

I don't want to go deeper into it, because this could be a risk^^.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 4:33pm | Report
Let's say it does: Can you prove the person(s) did this to you? Exactly, you can't. No proof = no case.

Locking this thread now. Go read the thread that is stickied, all the information ANYONE needs is there. Good day.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide