Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] - Craft Guide Button

Creator: Janitsu May 8, 2013 1:28pm
1 2 3
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 3:44pm | Report
It's a nice idea but there are those guide help links at the top of every guide editor, and they are pretty obvious. I feel like that is enough? Redirecting people forcefully to a page like that might be found annoying to users.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 4:28pm | Report
Maybe instead of just directing them to one source (jhoi's guide, though good, isn't the only useful one).

Maybe adding in a button that takes you here or here if that makes sense?
"Secretly I think Joe is an evil genius."
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2013 5:22pm | Report
We can probably change the links as well. I do agree a link with more than just jhoi's would be more useful / fair.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 2:26pm | Report
Of course, at the time of implementing that link, my guide WAS the only helpful Guide Making Guide. I don't see the problem with keeping it to that link, seeing as the guide covers almost everything you need to know, AND the guide links other useful options within it.

I actually get a little annoyed when the BBCode guide/Guide Basics is linked over the Guide Making one, seeing as I wrote both (besides the guide structure section, which Mowen wrote) and the later is much more comprehensive.

If there's something wrong with the Guide Making Guide, I'm happy to address it here.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 2:53pm | Report
There's nothing wrong with it, but those links I posted above (if that's what they decide to do, I'm sure they'll figure it out) direct to pages that contain your information. There's no reason to exclude all of the information in favor of directing people to only the best / most comprehensive guide / help area.
"You don't reach the top without a good Sherpa."
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2013 9:19pm | Report
My reasoning is link hopping. Generally speaking, I will only follow a link once. If it's a link to a page of links, I become uninterested and don't bother. However, if you think it's appropriate, I'm happy to extend the link list in my own guide, and even place them in the first chapter if you think that'll be more helpful to the MobaFire community.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide