Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] Guide Browsing

Creator: jhoijhoi March 24, 2013 2:09pm
Do you think this would be a good idea?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 2:09pm | Report
My sister joined my dad and I in a Dominion game the other day, and I prompted her to play someone other than Jax. She picked Vladimir and I later saw on her computer that she was using a MobaFire guide. She explained to me that she couldn't buy Deathcap or Zhonya's on Dominion, so she just bought the other items in the purchase order.

I said, "Well that's because this is a Summoner's Rift guide, silly" and proceeded to search for a Vladimir Dominion guide. None. Okay... That's when I noticed that there was a screen that said something like, "Yielded no search results".

Whilst this is okay, instead I think something like this should show up:

So basically, instead of telling the browser that THERE IS NO GUIDE, we're telling the user, "There currently isn't a guide based upon your EXACT criteria, but why don't you have a look at some of these guides that matched SOME of your criteria?"

Thoughts?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 2:20pm | Report
Clearly we can't have nothing show up, so this idea works.
On a side note, it might be a good idea to reduce the amount of filters if people are being too specific. Prompting users to use less filters and be less exact would greatly help find closely related guides for their purposes.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2013 2:33pm | Report
I have no clue why you do not want to do this :D

Unless it is too much work of course :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2013 5:11pm | Report
It already prompts you to widen your search criteria (aka reduce filters) but I still think this would be a good idea. Will mention it to them.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide