Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tag "issues"

Creator: Lugignaf July 19, 2011 10:50pm
10 posts - page 1 of 1
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2011 10:50pm | Report
I'm looking around some of the guides. I will occasionally see the random guide with like, 8-9 tags. Is the tag limit self imposed or is it something that the mods are moderating. Also, there seems to be not finite number of tags. You can put whatever you want for a tag and, "off-tank" will not show up the same as "off tank" or "offtank".
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 6:44am | Report
Yea, see, for things like this I think there needs to be a set list of tags, and you pick 5.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 9:52am | Report
It should not be possible to have more than 5 tags. I will take a look at what's going on there.

We didn't limit it because people wanted to use tags for a number of things - flagging guides in different languages, as "unconventional", by special roles, by map, 3v3 or 1v1, etc... We decided if we left it open, then the authors could figure out for themselves what the most effective tags are to use.

Ie. if you use a tag that EVERY guide uses, it won't do you any good because you'll be drowned out. If you use a tag that NO guides use, it won't do you any good because there will be no other guides leading users to yours. The authors will be able to figure this out most accurately, over time.

As for off-tank VS off tank, we could put in some filters so that known similar tags get auto-corrected, if it becomes a problem. Again though, we hope authors will take the time to figure out the optimal tags.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 10:10am | Report
I see, makes sense.

Problem is most people who make guides (newbies) won't figure that out/spend the time figuiring that out any time soon xD

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 11:21am | Report
What if you had some sort of system that checked tags for similar words so that, for example, things like off-tank and off tank would get put into the same category despite being slightly different. It wouldn't need to auto-correct them, it would just know that off tank and off-tank (or any other similar ones) were the same thing so that both would be sorted under the same category.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 11:36am | Report
What's the difference really...

AND LOL MATT YOU ACTUALLY TOOK THAT SIG :DDDDDDD
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 11:44am | Report
I assumed coding it to correct and sort would take more effort than coding it to recognize and sort.

But I have no clue.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 3:44pm | Report
Just implementation details, let me worry about that :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 6:12pm | Report
Um, here is an example of someone going completely over the top with tags.

22 tags, and most of them duplicates.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2011 6:48pm | Report
Ok, clearly there is a bug in the system. I will investigate, thanks for the link :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide