Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Troll Vote Fix Suggestion.

Creator: React July 10, 2011 12:57pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 12:57pm | Report
Ok, so troll votes on guides/builds are very annoying. I have a fix suggestion, why don't we add a system where moderators decide to remove the specific vote if it were a troll vote based on their opinion. Of course moderators have lives, so we could make it that long time members decide to remove the "troll vote" based on their opinion. So its like the tribunal but for Troll Votes on Mobafire. What do you guys think?
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 1:15pm | Report
This has been suggested many times, and no.

Troll votes are still opinions, however related they may be they are still valid opinions, and unless breaking rules/being offensive no action will be taken. Doing something would silence the right to free speech.

For more info check my in-depth response to a similar question here: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/suggestion-change-in-the-current-votingsystem-6113

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 1:30pm | Report
some votes deserve to be removed... I read one negative vote that said and I quote, "I like cookies."
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 1:32pm | Report
That is his opinion, and it not offending anyone and as such, unless you want to go against human rights, will be kept.

IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE.

And do you really need to bring this up again, no joke, complaints like this have been mentioned thousands of times...read ANYWHERE in the support forum, even the STICKIED threads, before making a new one please :/
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 2:17pm | Report
yes seriously 3479284342 threads on this already

it's not going to happen
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 2:35pm | Report
Not a troll.

As I've said dozens of times before, and as I said in the stickied thread about voting as well as in the FAQ, you are trying to force someone to comment that didn't want to - they only wanted to vote. You're going to get nonsense replies. There is no reason that voters should have to explain themselves, be happy that you can force the first 20 to.

When you go vote for a political leader there is no tribunal grilling you about why you chose to vote the way you did. It would affect voting habits in bad ways, and the decisions and power would ultimately end up being held by a select few rather than by the general public. Then you may as well not have had voting in the first place but just let those people assign scores arbitrarily. You don't actually want that, even if it sounded good on paper. I realize this isn't a political election, but the objective is the same - hear the opinions of the general public, whether you agree with them or not.

If you don't like nonsense comments you can always turn off C2V.

Sorry if I sound blunt but, this horse has been beaten so badly it is now just a pile of brown goo.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2011 2:37pm | Report
Matt wrote:

Sorry if I sound blunt but, this horse has been beaten so badly it is now just a pile of brown goo.

LOL BEST QUOTE EVAR.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2011 2:46am | Report
And apart of everything if a comment will against the rules stated here:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/i-have-found-troll-votes-on-the-site-can-i-get-them-deleted-1976
you can always press that Report button. But please keep in mind that troll vote IS NOT ALL THE DOWNVOTES you get. Read carefully that topic i linked before reporting any.

PS. noone locked this one?
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide