Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Verifying summoners

Creator: Rainfall
November 25, 2012 10:28am
3 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Site Support » Verifying summoners
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Rainfall » November 25, 2012 10:28am | Report
So currently, to verify you are who you say you are, and that your Elo is actually 6032.6, you have to mail a moderator. Also, there's no restrictions on who can write guides, therefore resulting in level 6s who bought their account off Ebay are able to write a guide on that one champion they've never played.

However, you could possibly solve this. On LoLking, to enter a contest, you have to verify your user to stop false entries. Their system of doing this is asking for a summoner name and server, then giving you a confirmation code to name one of your rune pages. I feel this would be useful because it's completely automated; allowing you to force people to go through a confirmation process before they write a guide.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Signatures by TheNamelessBard & Jhoijhoi
Rainfall's Forum Avatar

Rainfall
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by IceCreamy » November 25, 2012 10:37am | Report
I doubt people buy MOBAFire accounts as they are free to make ;D

Also it's fine how everyone can make guides, if they are **** they will get downvoted and never seen again.

And only trusted people, namely Veterans+, can verify ELO.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
IceCreamy
<Moderator>
Rep: Esteemed (450)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Mowen » November 25, 2012 10:49am | Report
They essentially have an API for LoL (even though none are officially released *cough*), we do not. There was a LoL news post recently saying they were going to release an API but we have no idea when that will happen. So, we cannot do that.

I also feel like you don't know what you're supposed to do to get verified, since what you said is wrong. :[ Reread the verification page.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Mowen's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Mowen
<Production Coordinator>
Rep: Renowned (580)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!