Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

3150 Champion

Creator: Buckyx January 4, 2011 5:10am
16 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Zel The Newbie
<Member>
Zel The Newbie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 12:12pm | Report
Like Restrictnine has already written - there aren't really any good
or bad champs.

People cried about Renekton and got him nerfed, now everyone says he's a baddy, but guess what, he can still kick *** for those people that know how to play him, and he can still be terrible if you know how to counter him.
Same goes for Evelynn. Sneaky little ganking biatch, that pops out of nowhere. Sucks because of Oracle potion? you're kidding right? What difference does it make if Evelynn pops out of a bush with 100 m/hours and stuns your *** and kill you in 2 sec anyways?

It's a matter of gameplay, and how you want to play. Here's my examples:
Anivia - way too freaking slow for me.
Ezreal - I don't know how to skill shot, but I love to snipe stuff.
Pantheon - Yeah kinda cool, but I don't feel the burst enough..
Evelynn - BOOM OH GOD YES I THINK I JUST ****ED MY PANTHS
Ashe - Kite, kite, kite, kite, kite ARROW BOOM

It's about how you like playing. If you like the fact that you can just run into 5 peeps and just stand there tanking it all, go Poppy, pop ult and just laugh your *** off that you can actually pull it off. Not your thing, get a mobile champ like Shaco. Get in, get out, kill fast, run away, sneaky fella. Don't like going in, at all, then be a guy like Teemo. Shroom shroom shroom to win. Any champion can be awesome, if they are played well, and it all comes down to what you enjoy playing.

This is one of the fundamental things that makes League of Legends a great game; there are so many options when it comes to champions, that you can't seem to get bored with it.
By Scrax
I make plans and hug people <3
"Zel, gtfo of my mid lane!" - But I like it here... :(
Syretur2k
<Member>
Syretur2k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 12:17am | Report

Restrictnine is 100% correct :P

but just for the fun of it all, I'm going to say the worst champions (5v5) is Jax, Poppy and Garen (after the patches ofcourse)

I would beg to differ, as a new player champs like Garen will be one of the better choices, it was my first champ, and 20/2 stats have not been uncommon. Garen is easy to use, and building him as a tank gives incredible survivalbility. As a new player you most likely play against new players as well, whenever I met someone who actually had a clue how to play this game, I would get owned, regardless of champ. I'm still new, and i still prefer Garen over most champs because I'm unable to watch my HP, and I'm completely useless in aiming my spells as many champs require. Point being, I realize Garen sucks compared to a lot of others, but for a newb he is one of the better choices.
Euphoria860
<Member>
Euphoria860's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 11:12am | Report
I had the same problem as a new player, didn't know who I wanted to buy. But also my first few couple times playing I had 6 to 7 hour sessions, because I was so into the game.

So since I didn't have anybody to play with but the free champions, and I was also kind of addicted, ( I played the original Warcraft version of this game online long long ago and loved it ) I just spend 40 bucks and bought both champion bundles. It was totally worth it, I didn't want to wait to grind out IP points to buy everybody.

So with that being said, all of the champions are nice. There's no right or wrong choice. Reading the guides on this website should also help you get a feel for everybody.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2011 6:30pm | Report
Everything posted here is correct, but I will add that the 450 and 1350 champs are cheaper so that they are more accessible to beginners...meaning that they are easier to master. Try picking a few of those up?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Disko Vrucica
<Member>
Disko Vrucica's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2011 4:08am | Report
take urgot... he is good
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2011 3:09am | Report
hmm im a big fan of sivir and shaco :P
sivir is a really good farmer and you can learn carrying rly easy with her. She hits like a truck lategame and her spellshield + cleanse + BV makes her almost undisabable^^ (nice word just made it up :P). Shaco is a lot of fun, because you can support your team as a jungler and get lots of kills. Even if the game runs badly, you can start carrying the team (but thats difficult as hell :P). Otherwise maybe get annie (easy to play and megaomfgburst xDD). There rly are a lot of great champs but these are pretty high on my fun tier list^^

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide