Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need some general support Rune build ideas.

Creator: ThaLuke September 8, 2011 1:09am
ThaLuke
<Member>
ThaLuke's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 1:09am | Report
So I just hit lvl 20 and I was told a lot of times, "jsut wait until u hit lvl 20 before u get any runes".
And now I just got to lvl 20.

I mostly play champions like Zilian, veigar, Nidalee and Ashe sometimes. But mostly the support and caster ones. I found this page http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-rune-pages-guide#module149770833 the suggest some rune build for support but I can't seem to figure out wich runes are in the "Rune Book 9 - Support" one. Those 3 big ones are HP right? should I get those 3 first?

My thought was to go a little more aggressive on Zilian and maybe get some AP runes and mix up with HP, mana regen and magic penetration.

I might wanna get some other casters and support champions later ofc, and was asking if anyone could suggest a good support/caster all around rune build.

I just afraid of spending IP on the wrong runes and all and getting things wrong from the beginning.

/Luke
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 1:32am | Report
I suggest getting the "universal runes" (as people call it) so you can use these runes on other champs. U say that u play support and casters? Try M.pen Red, MP5/lvl Yellow, Ap/lvl Blue and HP Quints,(U can get flat AP quints too!)... In terms of purchasing sequence try Yellow->Red->Blue-> Quints (I personally purchase my Quints last cuz of the price :P) Try to get the "general" runes first b4 anything else as it benefits the most champions !! (The runes I mentioned above r Exclusively for support/AP only!) Have fun :P
ThaLuke
<Member>
ThaLuke's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 2:11am | Report
What would the ultimate "universal runes" then that suits most champs?
Got a link?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 9:02pm | Report
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 9:44pm | Report
I can give you some suggestion maybe

For AD carries like Ashe, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Master Yi, Xin Zhao, etc., I suggest you get a Armor penetration marks and quintessence. For the glyph, get flat magic resist, and for seals, get flat armor. It makes you tanky early game, and you hit like a truck because of your armor pen.

For AP carries now. Thats a bit more complicated, since runes on them depends not only on your gameplay, but also on the champion's ability power ratio. For exemple, Gragas, wich I play a lot, HAS EXTREMELY AWESOME RATIO. So, I get a full AP runebook for him. FOr Veigar, wich I also play a lot since he's my main, I get full magic pen runes with flat mana regen seals. The reason is simple, his ratio aren't good enough to make it worth the flat AP runes. So, instead, I get magic penetrations runes, wich work really well on him. I also get flat mana regen because I'm mana hungry for the first 10 minutes.

For supports, like Zilean ( I play him in a support way), Janna (if played as a support) and Karma, I get flat AP runes, to make me more useful early game and in the laning phase.

For tanks, like Amumu, Rammus, Alistar (if played as a tank) and Galio (if played as a tank), etc. I get Flat armor seals, flat magic resist glyph, flat HP quintessence and finally, flat HP marks, to help my early game, once again.

In the end, runes really depend on your gameplay, and play style, and your opinions. There are no ''Better'' runes. It all depends on the way YOU play a champion. You might prefer flat AP runes on Veigar, while I prefer magic pen runes on him.

Hope I helped you, and have fun playing ^^

EDIT: Try to buy runes that are marked as PRIMARY, since they are better on a quality/price perspective.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
ThaLuke
<Member>
ThaLuke's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2011 3:51am | Report
Thanks a lot for the help.
Really helpful post Fox Rage, thanks mate.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2011 3:06pm | Report
no probelm bro, i'm always there to help :)

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide