Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A lil' help about Malzahar late game.

Creator: Svadilfari July 24, 2011 4:21pm
1 2
Svadilfari
<Member>
Svadilfari's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 4:21pm | Report
So,

I just wanted a tip.
I've just begun to play Malzahar and I have some problem in Team Fights/late game :
Before the engage I poke with Call of the Void. Then, when it all starts, I land my Null Zone in the package. I place my Malefic Visions on a squishy or a low life reachable. That 2 last sentences happens in an half second. So, there goes (I think) the time for my Nether Grasp, so I channel it on a background enemy champion (Carry, Dps). And most of the time I get nuked before channel is ended :(

What s wrong in my sequence ?
What/Where do I fail ?

Thanks for helping me =)
The Angry Cookie
<Member>
The Angry Cookie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 4:41pm | Report
Maybe wait for a full engagement for hopping right into the fray.. Rather when the fight starts throw Null Zone and make sure to halt a carry in the null after hitting them with visions.. Just make sure your not standing next to any carries running lose and wait for the fight and CC to be blown if possible.
Svadilfari
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 24, 2011 4:50pm | Report
Fine, I'll try this right now.
Thanks
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 2:40am | Report
I always go with visions->wall->zone->ulti so if i dont kill my target with this combo the visions timer refreses so i can land 2nd visions asap as the ulti ends (more or less it looks like this)
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 10:03am | Report
Svadilfari wrote:

on a background enemy champion

Svadilfari wrote:

most of the time I get nuked before channel is ended

Going after a target that is behind the tanks = you are closer to the enemy teams. That is a bad situation especially since Malzahar has no escape besides summoner skills. You're supposed to prevent being nuked by either
1. Waiting until most cc or nukes are on cd.
2. Getting into a good position so you don't get nuked.
Svadilfari
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 12:44pm | Report
Hey that may be my error :D
Thanks
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 6:50pm | Report
Just smart placement and gameplay.

Position yourself correctly so you can target the enemy carry off to the side, per se; also open with Q as you are so that they can't flash out, ability out, etc, then E, then W and make sure you ult on top of the W for maximum killing effect.

not considered advertising, because I am trying to help you, but check out my Malz guide, I explain what to do in teamfights, your combos, etc.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2011 7:53pm | Report
Note that Malzahar can rip through tanks as well - try initiating on an out-of-position character, no matter who he/she is, and letting your team follow up while the enemy team is slow to react.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 5:14pm | Report
I like Malefic Visions as a way to harass late game. ((If positioning allows))

Using your ult makes you a big target. Best bet is to look for out of position opponents.
Hershyy
<Member>
Hershyy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2011 10:20am | Report
my late game malz is pretty bad... I do pretty good early on, but late game I rely of my call of the void to silence the opponents and I nullzone+nether grasp who ever has the biggest effect in the game(could be a carry or could be someone who's cc ruins our team).

I just do whatever comes to mind first and even if there is no battle yet, I'll use call of the void for some crippling damage.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide