Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Anivia, or Brand

Creator: Calibern September 29, 2011 5:17pm
27 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 9:01am | Report

Anivia's Ice Wall>Brand's single target stun....Both have similar skill set ups IMO. She can block escape routes, slow enemies, stun enemies, deal AoE damage and her passive is great for early laning....Brand deals loads of damage and has a single target stun. Both benefit from their enemies sticking together, but Anivia can keep them in her ulti with a well placed wall. From my experience Anivia is a bit harder to play well, but when she is played well it's OMG WTF PWND. Brand is just OMG PWND from the start, he doesn't get the WTF until late game...I'd say buy Anivia, not many champs can beat out her combination of utility and damage.

I bought her already, but thanks for the confirmation.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 9:21am | Report
*facepalms* I'm apparently the person who reads the OP but not a post above mine @_@ XD
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 3:32pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Actually in the case of AP carry, damage generally does trump utility.

Exceptions are always made, and if a players is particularly good at a champion, then they can use the other champions to excellent effect, but there's a reason Brand is a top pick and ban in competitive play, where Shushei, Reginald, and pretty much every top AP player likes to get Brand. Not Anivia. Brand does so much damage.

"Threat" is a relative term. A good wall can be instant death to a player.

However a good player inversely knows when a good wall is coming, and won't let it happen 7-8 times out of ten.

Yet Brand just throws a giant combo of AoE bombs into the crowd and everything dies. I'd say that's a more realistic threat.

You can say that Anivia has more utility in her slows and her wall and such, or I can say that Brand has more damage and that's why he's better. That's why I originally wrote to get both, one may better suit your play-style.

But, I'm telling you point blank, in my opinion, Brand is the best AP carry in the game because his damage is the highest. And plenty of high Elo players would agree with that statement.

Edit; Also, Brand's harass in lane is amazing =_= The implication that Anivia easily shuts him down is silly.

Brand is hands down the best AP carry in the game. His laning phase is probably the best or one of the best in the game, it's a billion times better then Anivia's, his damage is tons better. The only thing Anivia has over that is her wall and her AoE stun, which are both incredibly hard to land against good players.

Brand > Anivia anyday, Anivia should only be used when Brand is banned. I'm not saying she's bad, but Brand is better.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 4:09pm | Report
Yeah I feel the same way mr hawk, I think he's comfortably the best AP in the game right now.
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 1:59pm | Report
Well after a day of playing Anivia I can safely say, it was one of the best purchases I've made. What I found strange was that I have seen an anivia every other game after only seeing her 5 times my entire LoL career. I think I'll either buy Renekton or Brand next. Any suggestions?
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 2:29pm | Report
Ren good Solo Top, Brand highest damage output nuke in the game.

I'm never mad to have Brand on my team, and Ren tends to win lane. Both are solid.
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 2:31pm | Report
Hm... my last couple of purchases were ranged, so I think I'll get Renekton now.
Xin Guide

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide