Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Are certain items not available for certain...

Creator: Raitono October 18, 2015 4:52pm
Raitono
<Member>
Raitono's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2015 4:52pm | Report
I have an issue where some of my item set items do not show in game. This is NOT the entire item set, only specific items don't show when I'm in game. Does this mean that certain items are not available to certain champions? Specifically, I have an item set for Taric that contains Odyn's Veil, but that item does not show on my item set in game. They also do not show if I search all items while in game. This has happened to other characters too, though I don't have any specific examples on hand. A search has only lead me to where entire item sets were non existent in game, and this isn't my problem.

Have I missed something? This seems like it would be a pretty important deal to know and if I set an item set to be specific to a character, the item shouldn't even be able to be placed in the item set.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2015 5:13pm | Report
There are few items that are specialized for a gamemode/map but there are also a few items that are specialized for champions.

Odyn's Veil for example is only available in dominion and Prototype Hex Core is only available for Viktor. The items are not showing because they are impossible to purchase at that time.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2015 5:30pm | Report
The system allows you to put items in the set that your character can't buy, so that can cause some confusion. For example, Rod of Ages has two different versions for summoner's rift and the rest of the maps, so if you put the SR version of RoA on ARAM, you won't see it in your set. Character specific items are more obvious but it's the same deal.

This is also an intended functionality. This way you can do an item set for a bunch of mages and include viktor, but he'll be the only one seeing the hex core upgrades you put there, for example.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide