Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Melee DPS Nuke-em-Down Champion?

Creator: Oppressor October 28, 2011 2:57am
1 2 3 4
Oppressor
<Member>
Oppressor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 2:57am | Report
As the title states, I'm very new to the game and I am looking for the best DPS champion in the game. I have purchased both bundles so I have half the champions in the game.

Let me be a little more specific with going all TLDR on you.

On a couple of occasions I have seen players use a melee champion to completely wreck on champs (intermediate). And by "wreck" I mean he's level 12, comes out of the middle to greet Cho'gath and Nasus, both level 12 and chew through both of them in seconds with little more than a scratch on him. This is what I want to accomplish in time and with hard work. I just want to start down the right road(s).

Several times I've seen this on all different players and champions and I always forget to write down the names of the champions.

I'm sure I'm still a little too new to be using melee champs but I am interested in playing them. I've played around with Olaf and I got a small taste of what he is capable of. I'd have to be much better at the game to dominate with him but so far in my limited experience he seems to be the highest damage I've seen so far.

What about tanks? I've skimmed a lot of guides on tank champs and most of them go on about how they build them for dps and wreck with them. Wreck as much as a squishier non-tank melee?

Thanks in advance.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 4:44am | Report
Some tanks have potential to do some good damage if you go fully offensive, since some of them have pretty high AP/AD ratios. A good example of champion that can go both Offensive and Tanky is Nasus. About melee DPS champs, there are a lot, for example you have Tryndamere, Master Yi, Gangplank(can build AS), Garen(on some occasions), Nocturne,...

Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 5:21am | Report
Zoki wrote:

Some tanks have potential to do some good damage if you go fully offensive, since some of them have pretty high AP/AD ratios. A good example of champion that can go both Offensive and Tanky is Nasus. About melee DPS champs, there are a lot, for example you have Tryndamere, Master Yi, Gangplank(can build AS), Garen(on some occasions), Nocturne,...

^ Pretty much all of those.
Tryndamere is just an insanely strong melee dps along with an ult that leaves you undying for 6 seconds. Great for wrecking enemies. Decent pick if enemies don't focus you.
Master Yi is a cleanup killer. Has massive damage 1v1, can farm like mad, and can cleanup everything easily.
Gangplank is a melee wrecker if built squishy. One Parrley (Q) will deal around half a squishy's health if critted. Tanky Gp can just absolutely go around destroying people.
Nocturne is generally built tanky, because building squishy gets you nowhere. Can pretty much 100% rape any Ranged AD squishy, and yet packs a punch and provides a lot for the team.
Pantheon is another great melee rapist. He's like an AD nuker, with massive burst.

For tankier melee champs (bruisers), I recommend Renekton, as he has massive AD burst, along with disruptions, and AoE damage.
Nasus, which has the ability to deal massive damage with no items but a trinity force and yet still be tanky and wreck face.
Xin Zhao has massive 1v1 melee potential. Has great CC and a large amount of damage output if in range.
Lee Sin has an insanely strong kit for raping. He's an insanely powerful duelist. Tanky, and has mobility. REALLY fun to play too.
Udyr has the shortest range in game. But then if he gets near to you, you're pretty much dead. His Tiger has massive on hit burst, while his phoenix has massive AoE and 3 hit proc burst. Generally Udyr players choose between Tiger or Phoenix as their main damage output, and maxing out turtle, which has insane sustain for Udyr, and Bear, a short cd stun which makes him super fast.
Irelia has insane anti-carrying capability while also being insanely tanky. Has an ability which can deal true damage with every hit. Rapes squishies with a gapcloser, and can bait higher hp'd enemies to their death.
Garen is generally built tanky, and he can absolutely rape any squishy in game. A disrupting silence with Ms boost along with an insanely powerful ultimate and spin, which deals massive amounts of damage to squishies.
Olaf has INSANELY strong mid game power. Recent buffs made him a decent solo top laner. Insanely powerful mid game, can absolutely wreck face during mid game.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 9:37am | Report
Recent buffs made Olaf a broken top laner lol.

But to the OP, I don't know what you're looking for.

Do you want a squishy DPS or a tanky DPS or an Offtank or what?
Oppressor
<Member>
Oppressor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 11:39am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Recent buffs made Olaf a broken top laner lol.

But to the OP, I don't know what you're looking for.

Do you want a squishy DPS or a tanky DPS or an Offtank or what?

I'm looking for the highest DPS melee.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 11:45am | Report
Tryn, Talon, Yi, end game Poppy, End game Tiger Udyr, End game GP.

Those are all high DPS capable with auto attacks.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 1:39pm | Report
Keep in mind to build some tankyness or some of these melee dps are useless end game.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 1:47pm | Report
Yeah, you shouldn't be considering melee's to be built with full damage.
NinjaBetty
<Member>
NinjaBetty's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 1:55pm | Report
well if you are looking for a high dmg off-tank i can recomend Jarvan and Renekton, who both can chew through the enemies and still take some beating
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 2:27pm | Report
I would suggest nocturne
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide