Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Melee DPS Nuke-em-Down Champion?

Creator: Oppressor October 28, 2011 2:57am
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 6:40pm | Report
Squisy wise, Shaco Master Yi and Talon come to mind. tougher are tryndamire nocturn and the off-tank style are Garen Olaf Dr. Mundo (depending on how you play him, don't try that in draft/ranked) Nasus and Lee Sin are best imo. if you're looking for an ad mage, Talon and Lee Sin i think are the ones above. i also recommend Wukong, although not the best and certantly difficult, he's pretty good, especially with his harass.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 6:50pm | Report
From your OP it sounds like Tryndamere is the perfect champ for you.

If it gets to late game Trynda can beat anyone 1v1, take out a squishy in three or four hits, and fight several opponents at once while he's alone.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 28, 2011 8:58pm | Report
Udyr sooo good! Super OP with basic atmogs trinity. Knowledge beyond basic builds allows for massive counter building. (<----the super OP part!)
+Rep me if i'm useful!
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 4:19am | Report
Just curious, what were the recent buffs to Olaf that make him so great top lane?
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 1:26pm | Report
Based on your lust on damage, I will go for Tryndamere and Udyr.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 9:33am | Report
The recent buffs that make him a God in a solo lane are that his E is no longer mana dependent.

He can just bomb your face away forever.

Then you just back up and heal off of minions with Wriggles.

It's not balanced -at all- it's broken as ****.

But, most people are not good enough at Olaf to pull it off, he's not easy.
Oppressor
<Member>
Oppressor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 2:23pm | Report
Thanks for the replies.

Tryndamere is pretty much what the doctor ordered. Sadly, despite my unlocking 41 champions, I don't have most of most of the champions you guys recommended yet. Go figure, haha. As a novice, melee is a rough start to any game. However, in my limited PvP experience (2 matches) those who dominated were melee. The few of us who were ranged got obliterated by them. Yes, we were probably the ones who sucked the most, but these guys seemed impossible to kite, damage or escape.

What I need to do is master my early game laning. I need to suck less at getting last hits, get those hits while being harassed and harassing without taking tower shots to the face.

But you guys are right, Tryndamere (and I'm sure other melee) is godly in the late game. I can mow down 2-3 intermediate champion bots at the same time once I get geared. That's a lot from someone who is still very very new to the game. I'm not like some of my friends who have been plating LoL for a long time who can do this half geared with support champs.
TReyes
<Member>
TReyes's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:09pm | Report
I don't know Maybe:

[*] Nocturne
[*] Tryndamere
[*] Poppy
Chuper
<Member>
Chuper's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 10:31am | Report
Why is everyone forgetting Jax? Jax is amazing! Sure he's a little squishy early game but he can dish out as well. He's more of a late game champ but he has the potential to be an awesome all game champ if built/played properly.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2011 12:39pm | Report
Pantheon, renekton, shaco, and talon some melee dps champions that focus more on burst than sustained damage, if that's what you meant by "nuke-'em-down".
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide