Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion to get high CS?

Creator: ShenMasterFlash September 17, 2011 10:21am
1 2
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 10:21am | Report
This is a stupid title for a thread. But I was wondering about something. I watched Hotshotgg stream alot, and I know he gets a ton of flack for just staying in lane and farm farm farming. But I was thinking in low ELO games where I'm at, I notice that no one really farms particularly well. And everyone likes to think (including myself) tyhat they are trying to last hit, but i'm usually way more focused on the champs in lane then ensuring i get EVERY last hit I can.

The other problem I have been having is that lately I have been playing strong early game champs like Garen. If I don't dominate my lane, I start to get frustrated, knowing that I won't be able to dominate late game either. If other lanes fall behind even a little bit, I really get frustrated and it impacts my gameplay :( i know most of this is just staying positive, but I thought there are maybe some champs in the game that lend themselves to staying in lane, getting high creep score, and then REALLY affecting the game late.

My first impression was to play a ranged AD carry, and I still may do that, but one issue I have is how squishy they are early. I feel like they get denied CS early too because they can't go toe to toe w anyone (and again, in low ELO, supporting babysitters are really nonexistant).

So if anyone could recommend a good champ to play to stay in lane, and just farm farm farm until you can take over the game, and not be discouraged if you fall behind a kill or 2. Are Hotshot's champs like nidalee and cho good for this? Or is it just him as a player?

TL;DR - I am looking for a champ to play that benefits GREATLY from staying in lane, achieving a high CS score, and gets better as the game goes on. Preferably someone not SUPER squishy. (IF it helps the only full rune set I have is ArPen Marks, Armor Yellows, MR/lev Blues, and ARPen quints....although I do have MagPen Marks too.

Thanks!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:15am | Report
Nidalee and Cho are both good farmers, even for people that aren't Hotshot.

I really like Ezreal for last hitting, his animation is fast and you can use his q to last hit if you're out of range of auto attack.

Most range AD's are good at last hitting though, if you don't have a support go mid or top.

Champs like Anivia and Sivir are good at farming and pushing lanes once they can spam their spells. Twisted Fate is also a great farmer / pusher when played AP.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 3:59pm | Report
At level 6, Corki can demolish an entire wave of mage minions, in like .2 seconds using his Q, then R, all the while staying at a relatively safe distance. His crazy farming abilities persist throughout the entire game, as well.
Also, in my experiences, Corki can dominate his (solo) lane when played right. Especially when you reach level 6, and can harass from VERY far away, while still getting last hits on all the enemy minions.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 5:27pm | Report
Cho is a nice one and easy to play, especially if you use your ult to get big.
There are the junglers, their work is killing minions, but I think you're not willing to play as one.

But one champion I love is Morde, but after this nerf, he needs a lot more strategy to play.
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 5:37pm | Report
Malzahar is the best to farm of this entire game
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 7:23pm | Report
Sorry for the noob question, but are any of these particularly suited to turning the tide of a game the longer it goes? As I said, my problem is that if we fall a little behind, I get discouraged easily. I like how nidalee plays, but she really can't do that much just by herself, she kind aneeds a competent team to succeed.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 7:45pm | Report
Well Sivir is always dangerous because of her BD power.

Cho'gath remains pretty dangerous all game because of his ult and his aoe cc.

Malzahar is dangerous in lane and scales well because his pool does % damage.

AD carries always scale well.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 7:52pm | Report
Malzahar would probably suit your playstyle. One thing that's really noticable of him is that even if enemies are fed you can kill them with your suppression + DoT abilities.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 1:01pm | Report
WHY HAS NO ONE MENTIONED NASUS??!

Nasus is like the definition of a super-farming champ. If you just let Nasus farm all game he just builds tanky with Trinity Force and Siphoning Strike hits for way too much damage.

Everyone else's suggestions were good too, but if you don't want a squishy ranged DPS, Nasus is probably your best option for a farmer. Cho is nice too, but he doesn't rely on farm quite as much to snowball as Nasus does.

Annie, Veigar, Malzahar (sort of), and Karthus also have last-hitting abilities, which is nice for some people who have trouble last-hitting with just autoattacks.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 1:02pm | Report

Sorry for the noob question, but are any of these particularly suited to turning the tide of a game the longer it goes? As I said, my problem is that if we fall a little behind, I get discouraged easily. I like how nidalee plays, but she really can't do that much just by herself, she kind aneeds a competent team to succeed.

If you want super late game champions(and most of them suit your requirement of super high CS game changer), Jax, Tryndamere, Veigar, Nasus, Gangplank(Critplank), Sion(AD) and pretty much any full-farmed AD carry. Another viable choice is Mordekaiser since he is pretty much a god in the laning phase and can carry your team to the late game since the beginning.

And seriously, kills are nothing, there's many times that my team owns the enemy in kills by a good margin(like 48 vs 28) and yet I lose the match. So, don't worry about the flow of the game because you are losing in kills or you couldn't dominate the lane. With teamwork you can still win.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide