Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Champions good for..

Creator: Slaak January 25, 2012 9:36am
1 2
Slaak
<Member>
Slaak's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 9:36am | Report
Ive been playing Lol now for probably 2 months and i really enjoy it. I like to play mid ap and bot support. Right now i play Kass and Taric. I was hoping to get some suggestions in the vein of these champs. Kass always gets banned and Taric, well i would like to mix it up haha. So any ideas?

*I also like to experiment with tank and ad ranged so those would be good too :)
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 9:45am | Report
For people who like those hilarious harassers like kass and stuff, I always recommend Xerath. His range is just absurd no matter how you look at it. I almost always dominate my lane. The only times I dont are against talented kennens, kass and I guess other xeraths, but that one hasn't happened yet. If you're looking for a support that's easy to pick up, sona. Easy mode all day.

Happy LoLing ^_^
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2012 11:05am | Report
Best picks I can think of at the moment:

AP: Morgana, Karthus, Cassiopeia, Ahri
Support: Sona, Janna, Soraka
AD: Sivir, Vayne, Graves, Caitlyn (I still love you Caitlyn baby, I was only playing Sivir for her Q and R, I promise)
Offtank: Gangplank

Can't be bohered to think of more. :P
holkos
<Member>
holkos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 8:21am | Report
if you want to try a great tank: try Singed with his Fling when you can get easy kills early, and nice assists in the mid/end game
Need help with Katarina? Read my build
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 8:00am | Report
Try Lulu. She can be built as support, mid, AD carry (well more like attack speed carry).

Before she got nerfed she was my fav, but now...... -.-
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 9:16am | Report
Nidalee can play AD/AP/Support... all at the same time! :D

Shen and Galio are both tank/support type champions. Shen is just banned a lot and Galio is generally a better counter-pick for mid. I have played both of them everywhere. They are both extremely versatile.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Robo Ninja Monky
<Member>
Robo Ninja Monky's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 10:03am | Report
If you like Kassadin mid then you might enjoy Gragas mid, he has quickly become one of my favorites, maybe not for him being op, although some matches he is, but because he is just so darn fun =P

He is also a melee caster but he has strong melee hits just like kassadin, so he's pretty similar in a lot of ways yet completely unique. A nice bonus is that his little charge move, I'm blanking on the name right now, can do some of the biggest wall jumps I know of =P, including baron wall jumps, pretty fun =P

In terms of bottom lane support, if you enjoy Taric then I would suggest giving Alistar a try when he is free (He's hit or miss for a lot of people so I wouldn't just straight buy him until you know you like him). Or, to be on the safer side for a purchase, you could gt Nautilus for he is well known as one of the most op tanks in the game right now and also makes, in my opinion, one of the most fun bottom lane supports. You basically build magic pen, armor, magic resist, and health runes I believe, look up a guide to be sure. Then, you get teleport +heal (so you have some sustainability to add for your carry) and just harass the **** out of the enemy. In case you do try it, make sure you pop your shield then lead with a Dredge Line and then hit with an auto attack to already have them cc'ed for a while, then pop your Riptide to slow then right before the stun runs out, then ultimate if you want to to secure a kill. Also, try to optimize hit auto-attacks as it's very strong for stunning. Also start with a Regrowth Pendant, but you will see this by looking up a guide, such as...

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/big-daddy-tank-support-nautilus-guide-197769

Sorry to go on a rant, just wanted to make sure you play him right so you have A LOT of fun like I first did/still do =P

Anyways, based on the champions you listed I believe you might very much enjoy these two champions, give them a try! Good luck my friend! Also, don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions!
Deleted.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 3:13pm | Report
There's no champ like Kassadin. Really, there isn't, and it's a bit pointless to tell you "go for X". Also, he gets banned so often because people forget he is easy to counter. I mean, he is called "anti-mage" for a reason. Stop. Sending. AP. Carries. Versus. Him.

However, if you like quick blasting assassins, you have LeBlanc who snowballs as hard as Kassadin and, like him, becomes ultra deadly starting level 6. You also have Akali, another nice mage assassin that can ditch a lot of damage and, like Kassadin, chase madly.

My advice is tha tyou just go there and try out champs, specially the free week ones. You'll fall in love over and over, it's guaranteed ;)
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 12:12am | Report
love support leona and mid leblanc.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 11:08am | Report
Those are the same two roles i play for the most part.
AP Mid:
Ryze (to counter viegar, and is just a monster above monsters)
Cassiopeia (insane single target nuke and a more than decent ult, as long as the team is facing you)
Galio (counteres almost every mid out there because of Runic Skin)
Swain (he just got buffed OH DEAR GOD WHY)
Mordekaiser (because WHY NOT build Mid Tank through CDR and Aggro? AND have a game changing ult that turns a 5v5 into a 4v6?)

Support:
Soraka (grudgingly, i dislike her personally, but she does have her uses)
Maokai (my main and an extremely effective support/transition into carry)
Blitzcrank (for good kill lane)
Alistar (great zoner, decent heal, and great CC)

Also, agree w/FalseoGod. Always try new and different champs to the ones that you are used to, getting to know a great many champs fairly will will in the long run help you out more than knowing a small core of champs REALLY well, not just for playing them, but also for playing AGAINST them.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide