Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hi, new here and need alittle advice.

Creator: Nyxilin September 13, 2011 10:35am
1 2
Nyxilin
<Member>
Nyxilin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 10:35am | Report
First off, I'd like to say I suck at this game and want to get better.
As of today I own Morgana, Annie, La blanc, and Janna. (mostly becauase a friend said she was really good)
As you can probably tell I like ranged caster types and right now Morgana is my favorite.
So my question is 1, what should I start out with early with Morgana without runes and such (think I am level 9 right now)
And 2, What would be good starting characters for the other roles ( I hear later once I am level 30 more often than not I wont get to play a ranged caster without hindering my team so I need to learn the other roles too)
SomethingWicked
<Member>
SomethingWicked's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 1:48pm | Report
try to build tankie Morgana if you dont ave any runes, its unbelievble how OP she can get, and if your going to want to play other roles to i would strongly reccomend zilean as your support because of his massive damage and extremely good ability to save your team mates lives. if you are interested in jungling i can give you nunu, ww, and udyr jungling routes and tips in game and show you, same with zilean, i am a master of melee champions, so if you have any questions about any specific melee champions my summoner name is "SomethìngWìcked" feel free to send me a request and +rep me if i helped
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2011 3:44pm | Report
Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff
Sell Sorcerer's Shoes and buy Mercury's Treads
Guardian Angel

That's a good build for caster morgana.

Later on, you can still play morgana consistently, but if your allies auto-lock a caster before you can pick morgana you're going to have to bite the bullet and play for the team comp.

Easy champs for each (non-caster) role:

AD carry - Ashe
Jungler - Master Yi
Support - Alistar
solo top bruiser - Garen or Cho'Gath
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
RamenL
<Member>
RamenL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2011 9:58pm | Report
Well here is my build.. I main AP and am gold, also 1k+ wins.. SO I would say its a pretty good dam build!

Doran's Ring
Mana Crystal
Sorcerer's Shoes
Catalyst
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff
Sell Dorans Ring and buy Rylias Crystal Scepter.

No Magic resist cuz ur shield will do that..
Hourglass is great for AP, Armor, and its active..
Rylias will slow people down more, so when u ult.. Even with flash they aint going no where, and for team battles.. Oh snap itz a 5 stun.. And ull live with that extra HP.. Dorans ring will help u farm early game..
Gaste
<Member>
Gaste's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 7:15am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring
Sorcerer's Shoes
Rod of Ages
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Void Staff
Sell Sorcerer's Shoes and buy Mercury's Treads
Guardian Angel

That's a good build for caster morgana.

Later on, you can still play morgana consistently, but if your allies auto-lock a caster before you can pick morgana you're going to have to bite the bullet and play for the team comp.

I agree for the most part with this build, if you're duo laneing it works well, but if you get lucky and are the only choice for mid, play aggressive, until you hit ranked games you can destroy mid with an aggressive Morgana. I usually will skip the second Doran's and just go straight into boots and the Rod of Ages. And I would only trade the Sorc Shoes for Merc's if you don't have anyone on your team building tank and you end up getting focused, otherwise you can hang back and snipe with your Q to W combo.

As for other champions:
I would recommend someone like Rammus if you're looking to start tanking (He's not top tier but he's got a very short learning curve and is a good choice to simply start learning on). Or Master Yi if you wanted to start into the Jungling, Ashe is a good AD carry.

Have fun and keep practicing!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 5:09pm | Report
Cho'gath isn't really easy to play, because you have to land your Rupture and that is very hard for new players. Singed is easier, just run in the enemies and Fling the carry^^.

The easiest jungler is Warwick, Master Yi can be a bit tricky without runes.(and can't be done).

Also I would say, Caitlyn is easier than Ashe, because she can farm/last hit really good and has method's of escape.

Alistar is also a bit tricky, Sona is way easier.^^
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2011 5:12pm | Report
Gaste wrote:

I agree for the most part with this build, if you're duo laneing it works well, but if you get lucky and are the only choice for mid, play aggressive, until you hit ranked games you can destroy mid with an aggressive Morgana. I usually will skip the second Doran's and just go straight into boots and the Rod of Ages. And I would only trade the Sorc Shoes for Merc's if you don't have anyone on your team building tank and you end up getting focused, otherwise you can hang back and snipe with your Q to W combo.

As for other champions:
I would recommend someone like Rammus if you're looking to start tanking (He's not top tier but he's got a very short learning curve and is a good choice to simply start learning on). Or Master Yi if you wanted to start into the Jungling, Ashe is a good AD carry.

Have fun and keep practicing!

What? Doran's Ring allows you to get really aggressive. It keeps you in lane longer, lets you trade blows and come out on top, and it also gives a lot of early game AP. It's great for staying in lane until you can buy all or a large part of your Rod of Ages.

The intent of switching out sorc for mercs later on is because of Void Staff - mixing % MPen and flat MPen is usually not good, and sorc shoes don't do much once you get your staff.

Wait, are you saying you should just stand back and snipe with Q/W? Have you ever used morgana's ultimate? That's the most in-your-face ultimate of any caster (I'm probably forgetting someone, but it's certainly up there). That's why we build Mercury's Treads, Guardian Angel (normally wouldn't suggest it on AP carries because it's better to get AP/defense hybrid items), and Zhonya's Hourglass (to stasis in ultimate).

I don't think you've played morgana a whole lot, because a lot of what you're saying is completely wrong.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Gaste
<Member>
Gaste's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 7:09am | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

What? Doran's Ring allows you to get really aggressive. It keeps you in lane longer, lets you trade blows and come out on top, and it also gives a lot of early game AP. It's great for staying in lane until you can buy all or a large part of your Rod of Ages.

The intent of switching out sorc for mercs later on is because of Void Staff - mixing % MPen and flat MPen is usually not good, and sorc shoes don't do much once you get your staff.

Wait, are you saying you should just stand back and snipe with Q/W? Have you ever used morgana's ultimate? That's the most in-your-face ultimate of any caster (I'm probably forgetting someone, but it's certainly up there). That's why we build Mercury's Treads, Guardian Angel (normally wouldn't suggest it on AP carries because it's better to get AP/defense hybrid items), and Zhonya's Hourglass (to stasis in ultimate).

I don't think you've played morgana a whole lot, because a lot of what you're saying is completely wrong.

First off, sorry for the 5 day delayed response (lol).

Second, I miss worded a few things, let me try to clearify...
The reason I skip the second Doran's Ring is my farm is (for the most part) always higher than my enemy. I completely understand the reasoning in getting the second ring, how ever by the time I go back for my first buy I can get my boots and have a hefty start on Rod of Ages. So I just prefer to rush that out faster.

Third, I admit being wrong about the mercs, I played a few games with her recently getting 50+ minutes into the game and traded them somewhere between 30 and 40 minutes and it made a difference. Still getting used to a couple of things such as that.

Fourth, when I said snipe with Q and W, I by no means play Morgana that way from beginning to end of the game. I mean more of harass, force the enemy to pop pots or any defensive CDs to ensure a kill with your ulti.

Lastly, and this is just my personal preference... I prefer not to build Guardian Angel I feel that Zhonya's Hourglass is more than sufficient when it comes to being in the middle of a team fight. With a proper placement of your ulti, the CD of your hourglass, and good focus from your team you'll survive and still be able to help clean up.

This is just how Morgana has worked well for me so far. Though I can certainly admit to being wrong, just expressing my success so far. Not meaning to step on toes :)
Gaste
<Member>
Gaste's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2011 7:33am | Report
Quick side note: I know this is far from optimal in ranked play, but it works nicely in normal games where I've seen.
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2011 11:45am | Report
A little opinion on the other role thing, sometime you should play a champion you are interested in instead of the easiest one because by learning the harder one you are actually improving faster because they are harder to use. Also, since you like him/her you will have a more fun time playing than forcing yourself to go get an easy one that you don't really like.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide