Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to lane solo mid against a LeBlanc?

Creator: riptide333 March 29, 2012 6:34am
1 2 3 4
VanityVivified
<Member>
VanityVivified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 13, 2012 8:08am | Report
I play LeBlanc as my main in mid. I can promise you that Kassadin has nothing on a LeBlanc player who knows what they're doing. The problem with countering LeBlanc is that too many people that I play against in mid try and combo me through some sort of CC start. Morg tries to snare, Kassa tries to silence and tele to me so I can't get away, Ahri will try to infatuate (the taunt ability), Veigar will try to stun, Lux will send her snare, etc etc.

Since learning how to play LeBlanc, I find it easy to counter all counter-mages because they aren't prepared for Leb's playstyle. She is vastly different from other AP champions. Skill shots will never hit a talented Leb. Unless stunned/suppressed only about 1 of every 10 skill shots hit me. With flash, Leb has 3 dashes, and can easily wait for you to waste a CC then jump you.

On-topic: Surprisingly, the hardest champion I mid against is Talon, who can easily combo by initiating with Cutthroat and getting away with Shadow Assault before the silence wears off and I can counter. Pre-6 Talon can poke with Rake to get some damage off, and a smart Talon will have Cutthroat off CD and save it for when the Leb tries to Q+W combo or W into range to pull off a Q poke.

If you can get the distance perfect, you may be able to get the Leb to waste mana through her W+Q. Most LeBlanc's are pretty aggressive, (I am insanely aggressive, a bit too much I admit) and will probably attempt to jump you hastily and waste casts/mana. If you do this, you will win the lane because Leb gets no farm and will not have enough mana to get a full combo off at 6.

TL;DR (too lazy*) - Talon can poke with Rake pre-6, combo by Cutthroat, Rake, Noxian Diplomacy, and escape with Shadow Assault at 6.

EDIT: In response to the numerous "Play Morgana, spellshield/push lane = GG LeBlanc" posts. I play against Morgana in mid all the time. I would like you all to know that all of Leb's spells have lower CD's than Morgana's shield. An easy Distort towards Morgana will cause most Morganas to throw up their shield and waste it. Quick reactions from the Leb can either burst down Morgs with slow reactions or wait the 5 seconds for the shield to wear off before unleashing the combo onto the Morgana. A LeBlanc with good timing will never lose to a Morgana in mid.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide