Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Im just trying to get better at Amumu!

Creator: AmoreiTehGjeni March 22, 2011 5:18pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 2:42pm | Report
taric is banned often-ish

still not as much as janna

although you rarely see taric+mumu banned in the same game - it's usually Shen+Rammus+generic ban+generic support ban
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 3:35pm | Report

Ahhh, i see.. Well obviously i knew about the whole level 30 ranked game stuff, but 4 champs are always banned eh? Hmm. Well i guess ill be learning another tank.. Taric here i come ^^

Taric isn't a tank, taric is a tanky support.

Learn to play Cho'gath if you want a good tank that isn't banned a lot. Rammus is being banned less often since he was nerfed.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
AmoreiTehGjeni
<Member>
AmoreiTehGjeni's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 6:47pm | Report
Cho eh? Hmm ok, well ive been looking around i also bought Rammus a while back but hes banned alot also? Although ill still play him, hes an armadillo! But alright, ill look at cho as well

You see im thinking now, if i, lets say play Amumu and Rammus alot, are they both banned frequently? Or is it just one or the other?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:04pm | Report
Shen is banned almost every game, Amumu and Rammus are probably banned in around half the games you play.

By all means, it's not a BAD thing to know how to play them - if they happen to not be banned you want at least one person on your team who excels with one of the top 3 tanks.

By probability, Amumu and Rammus aren't banned together all that often, but it's not rare either.
mobrebel
<Member>
mobrebel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:08pm | Report
NOOBWTF LOL L2P AMUMU LIKE I DO jk

But, with Nocturne, Amumu isn't banned as much now. If you watch some higher ranked play, you don't see him banned much at all anymore.

But, he still is a frequent ban. So, it may be a good option to go learn a couple more people. My suggestions for people to learn that are cheap are:

1. Ashe - Ranged DPS \\ She is easily one of the best easy champions to learn
2. Janna - Support \\ Though she is banned a lot; she is great to learn for a support champion
3. Ryze - Tanky Mage \\ His change makes him a great mage to learn
4. Nunu & Willump - Tank/AP \\ His Jungle is great and so is his kiting ability
5. Lux - Support/AP \\ She can so a ton of damage and she can support with her snare, slow, and shield
6. Tristana - Ranged DPS \\ She is like Ashe but safer
7. Tryndamere - Melee DPS \\ His DPS and run without dying is evil

Just try out champions and find the ones you do best at. Try to find 1 or 2 champions of each type: Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Tank, AP, and Support.

BTW, this is oversimplifying it. There are also Anti-Carries, Off-Tanks, and such...

Thanks to Scrax for my Evelynn Sig.I did the Yi, Anivia, and Udyr Sig.
Visit my signature shop! I will take requests!
http://www.own3d.tv/live/31072/Real_LoL <- My stream is UP!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:22pm | Report
mobrebel wrote:

NOOBWTF LOL L2P AMUMU LIKE I DO jk

But, with Nocturne, Amumu isn't banned as much now. If you watch some higher ranked play, you don't see him banned much at all anymore.

But, he still is a frequent ban. So, it may be a good option to go learn a couple more people. My suggestions for people to learn that are cheap are:

1. Ashe - Ranged DPS \\ She is easily one of the best easy champions to learn
2. Janna - Support \\ Though she is banned a lot; she is great to learn for a support champion
3. Ryze - Tanky Mage \\ His change makes him a great mage to learn
4. Nunu & Willump - Tank/AP \\ His Jungle is great and so is his kiting ability
5. Lux - Support/AP \\ She can so a ton of damage and she can support with her snare, slow, and shield
6. Tristana - Ranged DPS \\ She is like Ashe but safer
7. Tryndamere - Melee DPS \\ His DPS and run without dying is evil

Just try out champions and find the ones you do best at. Try to find 1 or 2 champions of each type: Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Tank, AP, and Support.

BTW, this is oversimplifying it. There are also Anti-Carries, Off-Tanks, and such...

To be honest, tryndamere isn't the strongest pick. Also, a few of those champions are more situational than being purely one role (Lux or Nunu, for example).

Nunu is a tanky anti-carry mage, with some heavy burst and lots of utility. He's easily one of the best junglers in the game.
Lux is a support champion, but her ultimate gives her some devastating AP damage that can't be overlooked. Her support role is mediocre at best, but her ability to do damage and keep people rooted is actually very useful.
Tryndamere is a glass cannon melee DPS that is so easily counterable that it's not worth taking him at all. He'll just be easily counter-picked and he'll die all early game and he'll be CC'ed all late game. In short, don't play tryndamere.

Some roles to fill and good champions to fill them with (most of these champions are universally good):

Ranged AD carry: Ashe, Tristana, Corki
Melee AD carry: Nocturne, Shaco, Warwick
AP Mage: Annie, Anivia, Kassadin
Tank: Shen, Amumu, Cho'gath, Rammus
Tanky DPS: Warwick, Swain, Irelia
Support: Taric, Janna, Zilean
Jungle: Udyr, Nunu, Shaco, Warwick

I put warwick in 3 categories because I've seen him played melee AD carry, and I've seen him played tanky dps.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
AmoreiTehGjeni
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:28pm | Report
I see, well then, ill just keep playing Amumu and Rammus, and others and see who i come across, played some games with Taric because he's free, he's pretty good.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:33pm | Report

I see, well then, ill just keep playing Amumu and Rammus, and others and see who i come across, played some games with Taric because he's free, he's pretty good.

Sounds like a good plan. They are both excellent tanks that you enjoy (which is MOST important imo), and as others have pointed out it is unlikely they will both be banned. :)

Case closed fellas.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:35pm | Report
Trojan: You literally just summed up my entire guide that I'm writing. >.>
AmoreiTehGjeni
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2011 7:48pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Sounds like a good plan. They are both excellent tanks that you enjoy (which is MOST important imo), and as others have pointed out it is unlikely they will both be banned. :)

Case closed fellas.

:D Kewl beans, and Jebus you might as well just CnP that then :>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide