Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is there any place in a team for a highly...

Creator: Zimuus January 11, 2014 10:33pm
1 2
Can a level 18 player join a competitive team?
Zimuus
<Member>
Zimuus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2014 10:33pm | Report
I have been playing League for roughly a year and a half now but have only played on PBE servers for the majority. I now play on NA server and am ranking my way up to 30 however it is brutal playing with such horrible players, no strategies and none of them know how to end a game.

I can easily hit all the requirements a team would need I am just not sure if there is even a point in trying to be recruited when I hear "Oh you aren't level 30" from randoms that are good that I come across.

TL;DR:
Basically I am wondering if a Level 18 account is able to join a competitive team or if people tend to only recruit Level 30?

Please answer the poll and reply with detailed answers, thanks! ~

Click my signature! ~
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 5:11am | Report
So.... you want to join a competitive team with lack of experience, not many champions, no higher tier runes, and masteries?

" however it is brutal playing with such horrible players"

well judging from normal games in general, and the fact you're probably still playing with level 10s and 20s, players are going to be bad, as they're still new. Getting to level 18 will probably take 150 games - this isn't enough games!

I'll say get level 30, and play ranked for at least 300 games before you consider a competitive team, or even a team in general. A lot of teams will just read "lvl 18" and immediately say no, and also you state "ranking my way up to 30" and you're complaining about bad players, who cares? its normal, you shouldn't be even complaining about those sort of games, and it can't even be hard to rank to 30, you just play games, lose or win, you'll get exp. Obviously its twice as slow if you lose every-game, but no-one does, average player has 50% ranked win rate, and 51~55% normal.

TL;DR
- Get level 30
- Play ranked for 300 or so games
- A level 18 account can join a team, but you'll struggle with lack of champion pool, masteries and runepages, so for the benefit of your potential team, and yourself, get level 30.

P.S "highly experienced" players can carry level in normals, especially if the majority of your opponents are going to be level 10~25.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 5:41am | Report
^ What he said

MFW I see a level 18 complaining about horrible players and trying to join a competitive team.
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 9:04am | Report
Sorry zimuus but PBE playing doesnt really show if you are good or not, since anyone can make a PBE account.

i doubt any teams will accept you until you have full runes and masteries and have shown that you are a good player. If you have trouble carrying the "horrible players," at level 18 then you probably arent good enough, i know that sounds mean but its the truth
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
Zimuus
<Member>
Zimuus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 9:15am | Report
Yeah I figured as much, I guess I will wait then.

Click my signature! ~
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 9:15am | Report
Put it this way - No competitive team will accept you if you are struggling in pre-30 normal games.

So by all means apply to competitive teams. But it's 100% certain that not a single one will accept you.
Zimuus
<Member>
Zimuus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 11:00am | Report
sirell wrote:

Put it this way - No competitive team will accept you if you are struggling in pre-30 normal games.

So by all means apply to competitive teams. But it's 100% certain that not a single one will accept you.

Let me make it clear for you, I personally just want to play with a team so that I can actually have enjoyable matches with strategies and people who all around understand what they are doing, League pubs are toxic and have overall bad players (for the most part).

I am not a bad player when my team can actually function but sadly there is no way to prove that without actually being in a team.

Anyways, I guess I will just farm until 30 and then hope Bronze is any better (highly doubtful).

Click my signature! ~
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 11:16am | Report
You're just complaining about things everyone does. Trust me, you'll always get toxic players, even at challenger, so its not just public games. Furthermore, you should expect players to be bad pre level 30, most of them are beginners to the game.

And bronze won't be any better.. but if you're highly experienced, you should be hoping for Platinum at least.

You also state "I am not a bad player when my team can actually function", so basically, if your team can function you're not a bad player? isn't that the case for everyone? that statement there suggests you either get carried, need a good team to perform, or you're a bad player.

Sorry for the harshness.
Zimuus
<Member>
Zimuus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 11:27am | Report
No, I mean that if my team thinks dragon is more important on an ACE than pushing mid, they cannot function.

Ah well, you guys seem set on judging a book by its cover so I will wait.

Click my signature! ~
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 12, 2014 12:06pm | Report
Zimuus wrote:

No, I mean that if my team thinks dragon is more important on an ACE than pushing mid, they cannot function.

Ah well, you guys seem set on judging a book by its cover so I will wait.

Actually, it's dependent. It's not always convenient to push mid. Sometimes, you end up wasting a lot of time because you don't have minion waves, or the Ace was over an extended fight, so enemy team members have started respawning. Sometimes it's easier and more convenient to secure a dragon instead.

I have also played with Diamond and Platinum players who have single-handedly carried Bronze-Gold games by themselves. The team is pretty much irrelevant. I saw a Plat player go through Bronze - Gold games with an end record of 22 wins and 3 losses RANKED.

We aren't judging a book by it's cover, but it's rather more of the case that the complaints that are coming out of your posts are also about 99% of the things we hear from 'Elo hell' people.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide