Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Jungle Nunu at Low Summoner Questions

Creator: ShenMasterFlash June 18, 2011 6:31pm
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 6:31pm | Report
So Nunu was one of the 450 champs I just breezed over when I started thinking "he fires a snowball.....then what"....but I came back to him today and have played a jungle Nunu (level 13 summoner) today for 2 games and went 4/5/16 and 4/2/29....it was pretty awesome. I actually think he can really help a team. My question is about a solid jungle route and items for nunu.

1.In both games, I have started off with a sapphire crystal and 2 pots. I have gone small golems, wraiths, wolves, enemy wraiths, enemy small golems, then bluepilled, and did the same adding in my blue and enemy red. It seems to have worked pretty well.

But is there a better method? I know I "should" start at blue, but I always seem to mess that up somehow, or I need to run heal, and sometimes that doesnt even work. Maybe I NEED a leash?

Also, what about starting items? I basically rush a catalyst with nunu, so I get a jump with the blue crystal. Should I start with something else?

2. How bout a basic full item build with Nunu? I have been going cooldown boots, BV, RoA, and frozen heart. I haven't got anything past that. I obv like to build him a little tanky. Any other recommendations that should be in his core or synergize really well with Nunu? Thanks!!!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 6:42pm | Report
You actually DON'T need to start at blue with Nunu. He is literally the most variable jungler in the game. You can start at wraiths, double golems, blue, or even red - or obviously invade the enemy jungle (if they have a jungler, although at your summoner level, I strongly doubt that you'll see many).

1. You don't need to start at blue, although you certainly can. The route you're running is fine too. The important part is that you gank, and Nunu can do that whenever he wants to (usually you aim for level 4 ganks with both blue and red buff).

Get a leash if you can but if you can't do blue as it is, start at wraiths or double golems - nothing wrong with that.

Starting items? You can start blue crystal if you want but you can also start with Ruby Crystal, Rejuvenation Pendant (to rush Philo Stone), Boots, Cloth Armor, Long Sword, etc, etc. Nunu can start with practically anything and jungle successfully.

2. Full item build? Since gold per 10 is so strong many players go Philo Stone+Heart of Gold early on so they can keep buying wards and Oracle's Elixir to scout out enemy wards. At your summoner level, though, you won't need Oracle's Elixir as much and therefore won't need the GP10 as much, especially since you will gank a lot.

A strong opening build is generally something like Catalyst and Boots, building Rod of Ages if your team is doing well or a fast Banshee's Veil if you need the defense. Other strong core items are Deathcap, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen, and even Shurelya's Reverie (for the CDR and something to turn Philo into).

Again, you're free to buy some gold per 10 items before your Catalyst but experiment with what feels good.

For further info, check out TheOddOne's jungle Nunu guide:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=6
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2011 11:28am | Report
Nunu is one of the god tier junglers so he's a perfect pick to jungle with at a low summoner level. He can have two smites, one of which heals him significantly so you'll have alot of opportunities to swarm an opponents jungle (although that tactic might not be completely necessary at low levels). When ganking make sure to ice ball and then blood boil a teammate to ensure the kill. Also if you use your ult in a bush, the enemy team won't be able to see the particles unless they are in the bush as well, so you can surprise someone with your ult (they'll just start slowing down and won't be completely sure why).
Also, if you're going to be jungling I recommmend getting more pots if you're having trouble staying alive, you might want to get cloth armor instead, especially since you go for blue first anyway.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide