Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Looking for a mid to mid-high ELO player to...

Creator: PureOhms March 10, 2011 12:40pm
PureOhms
<Member>
PureOhms's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:40pm | Report
So I'm a relatively new player (started playing maybe a month and a half ago) and I'm working my way up to level 30 (level 24 currently). I love the game, but I've seemed to hit a plateau on my skill level. I've been watching videos like Stonewalls jungle video and some high-ELO players streams and they've helped, but not as much as some games with good players would. Anybody that's willing to mentor me for a bit and playing some normal queue games with me just hit me up (post here first please so I know who's friend requesting me). LoL name is the same as my username here. Thanks a bunch for anyone that's willing to help.
PureOhms
<Member>
PureOhms's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:42pm | Report
Note: You don't have to be like 1800 ELO or anything. Heck,I don't really even care about your ELO as long as you're willing to help and you're a nice guy.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 1:01pm | Report
Add me in-game, Trojan995.

I'm currently unranked (only 4 ranked games: 2 wins 2 losses), but I have a firm grasp of the game mechanics and meta strategies. I think I'd be able to help you out. If you wouldn't mind me asking, could you mention all the champions you play and what roles you can/can't fill?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
PureOhms
<Member>
PureOhms's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 1:07pm | Report
Champs I regularly play:

Twisted Fate
Lux
Shen
Poppy ( to an extent. Haven't played her in about a week)
Xin Zhao( again haven't played him in a while)
Dr.Mundo

Champs I play, but not very regularly:

LeBlanc
Tristana
Yi
Nunu (Jungle)
Ezreal
Ashe

So I can pretty much fill an AP/Support, AD Carry (but I normally play TF as an AP), Tank, Off-Tank, and an Anti-carry.

Edit: Added you
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 3:13pm | Report
I can help you with:

Shen - I'm great with shen, but then again everyone is haha
Le Blanc - I can really destroy with le blanc (not to toot my own horn), and I know her in and out.
Nunu - I've recently picked him up, and I think I'm getting the hang of him.
Ezreal - I've played him before, I probably couldn't give you more than some general guidelines and theoretical advice.
Tristana - I suck with her, but I have an idea of how to play her.

Once I finish my homework I'll probably be queueing up in AI queue, so I'll see if we can squeeze a game in tonight.

EDIT: Ok, so PureOhms and I just played a game together. We ran a team comp of Shen (Ohms)/Jungle Udyr (me)/Tryndamere (Jdubea)/Katarina/Mordekaiser, against Vladimir/Evelynn/Nunu/Jax/Teemo.

Since they had no jungler, we had a level advantage on them pretty easily. I managed to jungle quickly and I ganked 3 times on bottom, netting us a kill every time. However, mid and top (katarina and mordekaiser, respectively) were dying to vladimir and teemo/evelynn (respectively), so we didn't have a kill advantage. Because the enemy was so aggressive, and our solo queue teammates not quite able to handle solo lanes, we lost both top and mid towers quickly. The enemy was relentless, and since tryndamere didn't have enough damage output to stop bottom, we lost that tower too when shen tele'd to save an ally.

To compensate for the 3-turret disadvantage, we took dragon twice and played defensive. We lost another turret while defending, but we defeated them in a team fight and pushed 2 of their their towers down. I bought an oracle's to combat both teemo's shrooms and evelynn, and we took baron instead of recalling after they all respawned. Since, to be totally honest, I'm not a high ELO, I knew they hadn't warded baron nor would they think to check. We got baron quickly, and with it we managed to push down 2 more turrets. By the time most of us had either died or the buff had worn off, they were pressuring our mid inhibitor turret. We ganked from the jungle and dropped their carries quickly (I focused evelynn the entire fight, and dropped her down to 20 health, whereby I lost her to Siphon of Destruction ;_;). After that, we managed to push all 3 lanes to the inhibitors, but we had to baron a second time to successfully take all 3. By this time, though, they surrendered, so we won!

I took the time to explain to PureOhms the importance of baron/dragon control, and that there's more than just a kill advantage - counting dragons won/lost, and turrets won/lost can easily determine the outcome of the game.

and PureOhms played a great Shen (he pulled off one of the most incredible ults I've ever seen from shen, after I tanked the turret too long), and he managed to unload a lot of damage to boot. My only suggestion was to save more energy for the taunt, but even then you did a great job of taunting the enemy.

I hope this helps other people looking for advice/mentoring, as well as PureOhms.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 6:58pm | Report
please read my post here:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mentoring/i-can-help-anyone-anytime-2651

it has all my info and stuff so I don't have to retype it here :))

I would be glad to help u :D

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Shourai
<Member>
Shourai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:43pm | Report
Caution wrath pedo alert, pedo alert.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 12:19am | Report
Shourai wrote:

Caution wrath pedo alert, pedo alert.

*cough*
Bloofyre wrote:
May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 7:19pm | Report
A "wRAth" pedo alert?
Is that new? :P
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2011 8:17pm | Report

A "wRAth" pedo alert?
Is that new? :P

o-o

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide