Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Low Level Jungling?

Creator: Aeacus11 March 27, 2011 3:48pm
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 3:48pm | Report
I have read a lot of guides that talk about starting to jungle at level 1. This may be a stupid question, but are those only meant for HIGH level palyers, where your champion is better at the beginning of the game? Cuz I can barely kill ANYTHING in the jungle the first few levels. Is that rare, or the norm? Am I doing something wrong that I should be able to jungle from the start of a game/
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 4:01pm | Report
There's a few things that may be causing the problem. Most notably, you may be too low of a summoner level to have any runes/masteries to jungle. Often times these will make a significant difference. Other than that, you may be taking a bad route or you're buying the wrong starting items. To be honest, waiting until summoner level 20 to get the runes to jungle is probably best.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 4:26pm | Report
Runes/masteries are really quite essential for jungling. Many junglers cannot jungle at all without sufficient runes/masteries, and the ones that can are significantly slowed down and/or exit the jungle with less health.

Stonewall, however, has a list of the junglers that can complete a run-through without needing sufficient gear.
Dremu
<Member>
Dremu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 5:47pm | Report
I jungled 3v3 at low levels, 5v5 a bit more difficult at low levels. But yeah what those 2 said, masteries/runes have a lot to do with it, Just wait till 20 get greater runes and then start jungling it may be slower though.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 6:02pm | Report
It's still better to jungle slowly at low levels than to not have a jungle at all. Warwick, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, and Trundle can all jungle with no runes/masteries, and I'm positive that others can too.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 7:27pm | Report
To be honest, in low elos if an ally can't handle a solo lane, then the jungle may be more trouble than it's worth.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 12:56am | Report
As a jungler main i suggest skipping jungling untill lvl 8.
Awareness is a must have mastery for any jungler imho. Without it you will get too little exp from jungling creeps and this slows down your progress on gaining lvls = HP/MP and skills.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 1:23pm | Report
It's possible to jungle with Shen at low levels once you acquire the summoner spell Fortify (while Fortify is not on cooldown it increases your attack damage), and of course Smite. I'm sure it also works this way for a few other junglers as well. I suggest trying it out in a practice game before actually doing this in a real game.

The following isn't recommended at all without practice in a practice game:
Another thing you can do at low levels is get a friend and double jungle with X and Nunu. Shen + Nunu is pretty good too btw =) You start at blue buff and let Nunu get the buff, and take turns tanking the camps proceeding through a normal jungle route, and sometimes even into the enemy jungle. Not only is this faster than the standard solo jungle at low levels, it also enables an early dragon. Unfortunately having a double jungle creates three solo lanes which can be a double edged sword.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide