Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New LVL 30 Looking for "Main...

Creator: Seese August 26, 2012 12:48pm
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2012 7:39pm | Report
Kog isnt at all a support. Not a bit. If you want tanky support, grab Nunu & Willump, Alistar, Maokai, Leona, or Taric.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 12:43am | Report
Any opinions on Volibear or Sejuani? I've tried to play Sejuani and she is just so frustrating to use.
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 1:30am | Report
Volibear does well in 3 lanes. Bot lane support, solo top bruiser, jungler. I played him Solo top and loved it. He just wrecks people, although, I got bored. Sejuani is mostly played solo top and jungle. You will mostly find her jungle. You hardly ever find Sejuanis since Nautilus is her, but better. Here is my list of personal favorites:

Mid:
Orianna Akali
Annie Talon
Anivia AP Ezreal
Talon Ahri
Katarina

Solo Top:
Talon
Poppy
Kayle
Irelia
Katarina
Akali
Teemo

Support:
Janna
Soraka
Sona
Orianna
Lux
Morgana

ADC:
Vayne
Caitlyn
Ashe
Miss Fortune

Just to name a few ^^ Of course, that is just my playstyle. Try out champions during free week. Find someone you love, buy em, main em :D
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 7:04am | Report
OMG i love how helpful this place is. Thank you soo much BloodRaine. I've tried Ezreal, Katarina and Caitlyn and they're not exactly my cup of tea although i love Ezreal's range and the skill shots. I have actually been debating trying out Ahri and Orianna has been taunting me for a very long time along with Cassiopia.

I will definitely be buying Volibear today seeing as i do need a support Tankish type character!

So with all you beautiful peopl's help and advice this is what i've gotten so far!

I'm a Range kind of person, and if i'm using a Melee character they have to be (with the exception of Diana) somewhat tankie as i seem to get very very aggressive.

AP or AD really doesn't matter to me in respect to Range characters since i use Draven alto for AD and spec Kog'maw as AP!

For my jungle game i have Rengar and might start trying Diana in that respect should he be taken.

No tanks yet but Volibear is a very high possibility =).

please keep the feedback coming!

P.s Oh yeah! And i +rep everyone thats helped thus far ;-) Daily if i remember
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 7:45am | Report
Tanky Supports:

Nunu & Willump
Blitzcrank
Alistar
Leona
Taric

These are generally the most popular, from what I can see.

You can also get:

Sejuani
Nautilus
Shen

I see that you like ranged, but that's precisely a problem with finding a tanky support. They're all melee. So when trying to find a ranged tanky support, you're going to be hard-pressed.

There are ranged abilities, that you can take advantage of. For example, Nunu & Willump's Ice Blast is a decent ranged harass. Shen's is considerably shorter, but a decent means of sustain for your carry.

Alistar is a good addition to any team composition. He's not what you're looking for, but give him a try.

Leona has a difficult start, but once her combinations start going, she has huge teamfight ability. However, it involves her being in the middle of everything.

Blitzcrank is a completely kill/zone-lane oriented, but also involves him being in the middle of it.

Taric is highly reliable and has decent ranged ability like Nunu & Willump. However, it is solely for CC purposes and not damage. Other than that, Taric has good sustain, good aura and hence field presence/teamfight ability and he is, of course, tanky.

I don't have Sejuani, so I can't really speak for her (didn't like her when she was free for the week).

I've seen some success with Nautilus, but not really my preferred, since he excels much more in other roles and there just seem to be better suited supports.

Well, that's my input for tanky supports. I may have missed out a few.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 9:32am | Report
Nobody else mentions support Maokai? Come on, even support Nautilus has been mentioned a couple of times... So sad. I mained this for the LONGEST time and found great success.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
AyushGarg
<Member>
AyushGarg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 9:47am | Report
Nunu is a bloody beast if you can time his ult right. He is pretty tanky as well and a decent support. Maybe you can test him out.
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 10:48am | Report
sirell wrote:

Tanky Supports:

Nunu & Willump
Blitzcrank
Alistar
Leona
Taric

These are generally the most popular, from what I can see.

You can also get:

Sejuani
Nautilus
Shen

I see that you like ranged, but that's precisely a problem with finding a tanky support. They're all melee. So when trying to find a ranged tanky support, you're going to be hard-pressed.

Leona has a difficult start, but once her combinations start going, she has huge teamfight ability. However, it involves her being in the middle of everything.

Oh i dont necessarily mind being in the middle of things at all. I love when im playing Mid Diana and pull everything to me, i just seem to have btter K/D ratio on ranged =\.

Also Overmynd I've thought really really hard about getting Maokai i mean really hard, like look at his information over and over again and ed up backing off right when i'm about to click te button. =\.

I'm not to fond of Nunu & Willump or Nautilus. they just don't appeal to me in the slightest.

AND AS IF RIOT GAMES HEARD YOUR INPUT.....HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE NEW FREE CHAMPIONS??????!!!!! Almost everyone that was suggested has been put free this week..... *tears of joy* i...i love this place.

Wait....should i try them out in beginner/intermediate bot games first or go straight to Normals?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 3:25pm | Report
Bots. Never play champs the first time in pvp. EVER. One of my biggest rage-aholic peeves.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 8:05pm | Report
Nah, do it live! Get some real experience under your belt!

OK, more seriously, try and figure out the combinations in bot games first before taking it live. I usually play one beginner to get the combos, and one intermediate before doing it live. Of course, there have been occasions when I just go 'F*** this, I'm gonna do it live'. I did this with Leona, Taric and Sona with great initial success. I even made the builds up as I went along! It was fun zetta times.

=D

And I don't do support Maokai for the simple reason that I don't have Maokai XD. I've seen my mate try support as him. But he sucks as support, so I couldn't use that as a proper referencing point. He's much better as Solo-Lane carries. I guess after Sejuani, my next purchase will be Maokai. I want to see him jungle anyway.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide