Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New LVL 30 Looking for "Main...

Creator: Seese August 26, 2012 12:48pm
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 8:49pm | Report
Maokai is a god tier jungler, especially if he goes for ap tank support jungler with exhaust. Honestly, on my clan's team, i'm the designated mid. BUT, in ranked, i HAVE to jungle with maokai. Because i never seem to q with a jungler worth any kind of a damn, so if i want ELO, i gotta do it myself. Last game i ran with him, it was a 30 minute GG, and my end score was 4/4/26.

As a support, he runs very well with Ezreal, Corki, and Tristana, since they can best take advantage of his heavy CC with their long range blink/jump abilities. Other than that, its almost more about working with your jungler than your ADC, in securing his ganks and making absolutely sure they are successful. With ez, corki, and trist, the jungler can usually ignore bot lane. You and your ADC can get kills all by yourself.

One of the better builds i have found:
Mercury's Treads
Rod of Ages
Frozen Heart
Abyssal Mask

Then two situational items. Throwing a Lich Bane in place of the abyssal works well, too. for the longest time, i rushed a Sheen for early damage, and built that into a lich bane after i finished frozen heart, and it certainly DOES boost your early damage, but doesnt really lead to alot of mid game survivability, especially since the build is MADE to get kills and assists early, so gp10 items are missing.

To avoid the QQ'ing im sure this post will get for NOT including GP10, i'll go ahead and 'advise' you to grab a kage's lucky pick as soon as you can, with intention to sell it later.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 12:41am | Report
Oh Wow. So much awesome advice. I'll be taking Volibearand Ahri live in a few games once i am confident =)...

I really really like how Ahri is the kill sealer and how Volibear although tank has the abilities to wreck face with ease. I was just so amazing how easy to kill with him it was early game. Made me this "Wow i wonder if its this easy with Draven?"

*Works through list of Champions now" OH JOY

=Reps all that have helped thus far
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 10:03am | Report
I've been saying Volibear is OP from the day he was released, but i hardly ever see him. Usually I troll with him, with this build:

Boots of Swiftness
Spirit Visage
Warmog's Armor
Frozen Mallet
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Atma's Impaler OR Frozen Heart OR Force of Nature OR Banshee's Veil OR Guardian Angel

Perma slow, almost 5k health, MASSIVE damage on the bite, plus the crazy health regen from spirit visage. Damn near impossible to kill, and just lol's all over the map.

Sorry i dont have too much info on ahri >.< I dont care for her playstyle all that much, i tend to go towards champs like Brand Swain and Zyra.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 10:45am | Report
Yeah Ahri has fallen off for me. The one Live math i toook Volibear into they Surendered rather easily and in another match someone picked a tank, i didn't feel like using Diana so i decided to use my old flame and well...this was the result.

Datoxx
<Member>
Datoxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 12:19pm | Report
IMHO have a main is bad u should master more champs than one. Remember that being skilled means being versatile you wont reach anywhere focusing or tunnelvision. Regards!
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Oh yeah! Almost everyone has said the same thing, and the way i m in regards to playing style it fits perfectly since i like being able to help any role needed.
Your Signature is awesome by the way, even though i just played witha horrid troll of a Irelia
Datoxx
<Member>
Datoxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 3:07pm | Report
Seese wrote:

Oh yeah! Almost everyone has said the same thing, and the way i m in regards to playing style it fits perfectly since i like being able to help any role needed.
Your Signature is awesome by the way, even though i just played witha horrid troll of a Irelia

Thats the spirit :) I can give you an advice on which champs buy:
(remember that you can not like those champs so i give you more choices)
solotop: Irelia, Renekton, Riven, Nidalee, Shen
Mid: Brand, Cassiopeia, Akali(also for solotop), Annie
Jungle: Nocturne, Leesin, Maokai, Amumu
Carry: Ezreal, Caitlyn, Corki
Support: Blitzcrank, Alistar, Janna, Sona
those are usually very god champs to master and can carry ur whole game
Nautilus and Darius are jolly :)
Seese
<Member>
Seese's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 3:18pm | Report
This is the line-up ive been able to derive

Solotop: Volibear
Mid: Kog'Maw Diana
Jungle: Rengar
Carry: Kog'Maw Corki(Haven't tried in Normals) Draven
Support: Volibear Alistar
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 3:28pm | Report
This is my usual Volibear build, incase you are interested :3

Mercury's Treads
Warmog's Armor
Wit's End
Madred's Bloodrazor
Guardian Angel
Atma's Impaler

Works for me most of the time, but as with all builds, follow the situation of the game(;
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Datoxx
<Member>
Datoxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 3:55pm | Report
Seese wrote:

This is the line-up ive been able to derive

Solotop: Volibear
Mid: Kog'Maw Diana
Jungle: Rengar
Carry: Kog'Maw Corki(Haven't tried in Normals) Draven
Support: Volibear Alistar

its quite good for now :) especially volibear, diana and kog maw but which lvl have you got? and do you play with bots? i can give some fast advice ;)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide