Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Olaf Help?

Creator: Oath11 March 6, 2011 7:18am
16 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Oath11
<Member>
Oath11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 7:18am | Report
Ok, I've seen some really great Olaf players and I would like to move on from being sub-par to good with him. If anyone could help me, that would be great :D
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 10:13am | Report
Ummm how do you build him, and your gonna have to give us more details.
Oath11
<Member>
Oath11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 11:43am | Report
I jungle starting with double golems>wraiths>wolves>blue>double golems>red>wraiths>wolves then back to buy madreds and boots if I got a gank between there. I normally build a wriggles, boots of swiftness, frozen mallet, atmas, yoomuus, then defensive items.

Normally I wouldn't leave the jungle until 5 or 6 (after I get madreds and boots). I run a 0/21/9 setup and jungle with smite. Using armor pen reds, dodge yellows, CD blues, armor pen quints.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 11:53am | Report
Considereth's Olaf guide is very strong and is extremely close to what you're running. I recommend reading it for further advice.
Oath11
<Member>
Oath11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 2:08pm | Report
Do you have any tips for playing him? After reading the guide it helped, just still not sure exactly how to play him efficiently. I break even with him a lot but I don't "dominate" as much as I've seen others do.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 2:13pm | Report
Generally you want to wait until someone initiates, pop your ultimate, and go straight for their carry and take him/her down. You're one of those champions who is tanky enough to just run past their team and focus down one target. Basically, your job for a fight is to keep their carry out.
hunter_ghost
<Member>
hunter_ghost's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 2:34pm | Report
The build I use starts with a Regrowth Pendant so that I can Reckless Swing more often. That is, if we have another jungler, I'll go lane with this start.
A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither. -Thomas Jefferson
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 2:38pm | Report

The build I use starts with a Regrowth Pendant so that I can Reckless Swing more often. That is, if we have another jungler, I'll go lane with this start.

I disagree with this, personally. Doran's Shield or Boots is a much better start for Olaf. Regrowth suggests you're going towards an early Warmog's which really isn't strong at all on Olaf.

Oath11
<Member>
Oath11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 2:44pm | Report
I just seem too squishy to take out their carry most of the time, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
ThomasterXXL
<Member>
ThomasterXXL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 12:27pm | Report
Do you guys also know a good lane-Olaf-build (I know... an Olaf HAS to jungle... but I just like laning better)
I'd be interested in trying some lanebuilds. (I'm not satisfied with the one I'm using)

@OP
Maybe they had a lot of magic damage? Olafs Ulti only really helps against DPS, but is less usefull against nuking (which is mostly magic damage)
I think that Athmas and Wriggles are too much if they deal mostly magic damage.
Until you finish your Boots of Swiftness you are kinda "squishy"... (all you have is speed and some AR and LS to stay alive)
After that Giant's Belt will be a huge boost to your survivability.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide