Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Olaf Help?

Creator: Oath11 March 6, 2011 7:18am
16 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 12:35pm | Report
A good lane Olaf build? Start with a Doran's Shield, on your first trip back purchase a Heart of Gold and Boots of Speed, and a ward if possible. Then you'll want to go Mercury's Treads, Phage, Brutalizer, Frozen Mallet, Banshee's Veil, Randuin's Omen, Atma's Impaler, Youmuu's Ghostblade.
ThomasterXXL
<Member>
ThomasterXXL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 1:02pm | Report
Thx, but this looks pretty similar to the build I'm using right now...
(just that I bought Brutalizer before Phage and finished Ghostblade before/after Mallet)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 1:11pm | Report
That's because it's a good build, lol.

What exactly are you finding unsatisfactory about it? What do you feel could improve your performance? Ask those questions, and then try to find an item that remedies the problem.
ThomasterXXL
<Member>
ThomasterXXL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 12:55am | Report
OK...
Early I can't lasthit against my mates. Mates with better lasthitting and farming will just leave me farmless half of the game.
I have no sustained lifeleech.
I get outharassed by almost any lane capable of harassing. (Teemo+Ashe for example)
Also if I try to kill them, I die before I even reach them and later on I can't do anything, because they have twice as much farm as me. Trying to get a lasthit means death or at least almost dying, constant undertowing is kinda manaintense and doesn't provide that much of a good farm...

Also I'm freaking slow and have no AS, when I'm not in serious fights. I just feel sooo slow...
(while closing the distance between me and the enemy, my mate already died when I reach the destination)

Overall I just feel like food for those kiters... (just running all the time but never actually hitting something) I will never reach them and even if I get the mallet-slow on them, they still are too fast for me! I can't lasthit against 2 ranges or a lanemate with good lasthitting or farming and I can't really leech up my HP...

PS: Is there ANY kind of video or stream where I can see a good Olafplayer, who lanes?
I was never able find something like this and even when I finally find something, it's always a Jungle-Olaf...
MrZeaver
<Member>
MrZeaver's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2011 7:10pm | Report
Heres is my recommended build in this order: Warmogs,Bezerker Greaves,Bloodthirster,Hextech Gunblade,Phantom Dancer, Atma's Impaler or if you would like and have enough cash gor for another Hextech Gunblade. Once I Get back home I'm going to make an official Olaf build that will blow others out of the water. I have destroyed with this build example: I was in a Level 30 summoner game and i am level 25, I got ganked at level 18 when I was backdooring by a Tryndamere, Kog Mow and some other champ killed them all with barely losing a quarter of health. My recommendation is at level one buy ruby crystal and lane with a level one axe. Then from there on level reckless swing as much as possible. Skill priority: Reckless,Viscious Strikes, and Axe Throw. And of course the ultimate above all. With this build you are almost indestructible if you are good with him you can solo baron without any problem.

In fights if it's is a straight up no running fight use viscious strikes then reckless swing and throw an axe out while viscious is one and rape the **** out of people. The game I mentioned earlier I carried 24/8/5. But the thing to remember about Olaf is to make him strong don't always throw on Viscious Strikes. When you start getting low on health throw it opn and watch your health go back up and you will catch alot of people off guard. And when you have Viscious Strikes on and Ragnorak(Ultimate) and you throw an axe you have a chance to crit 1k. Olaf is fun but you get good with him and eventually think you are unkillable. That's why I died in that game 8 times got ahead of myself.

Have fun

BWong don't hate on the Warmogs
I'm an idealist my ideas are aimed to help everyone

Rep me if you like my ideas
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2011 4:38pm | Report
I can help you out with my "personal" build for an Off-tank/carry Olaf, message me.
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide