Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

PsiGuard's Mentoring Thread

Creator: PsiGuard September 14, 2012 7:15pm
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:27pm | Report
Quoted:

Reasons:
  • Bought rageblade on Kayle.
  • Said to max W instead of Q on Ahri.
  • Said Aby was useless on Ahri since the range was nerfed.

GG ;)

Blood have you ever even played ahri
You only need 1 point in q then the rest in w since they are the best for killing things.
If you havnt even played ahri dont say anything about this
Also Abyssal scepter isnt that good anymore
You want to focus on the most amount of damage output if your doing well in game
Void staff does that a lot better

On the kayle matter
Dont even take that into account
i was just looking at the reccomended build
I dont take rageblade anymore
i only did it once anyway why judge on that
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:42pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Blood have you ever even played ahri
You only need 1 point in q then the rest in w since they are the best for killing things.
If you havnt even played ahri dont say anything about this
Also Abyssal scepter isnt that good anymore
You want to focus on the most amount of damage output if your doing well in game
Void staff does that a lot better

On the kayle matter
Dont even take that into account
i was just looking at the reccomended build
I dont take rageblade anymore
i only did it once anyway why judge on that

Go watch some streams and come back please, some of the info you give is so false its astounding.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 7:49pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

teach me how to Lux real good

I think you're a bit too experienced to be on the list, but I can talk for a bit about my playstyle and the goals I usually set for myself when playing Lux. Most of it is obviously going to come down to practice, but there are some differences is team fight priorities, laning tricks and some mid game options as well.

If you want a build, go to my Build Repository. There's a cheatsheet for Lux at the top. It's a pretty standard setup though.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:29pm | Report
@Cuddowls: Stop getting ahead of urself, u just some random noob that thinks he deserves Platin Elo if not even Diamond Elo just because some ppl are mentoring u now. U still have a lot to learn and are just at the start of improving to get better, so remove the the big ego of urs.(u finally got a positive win/lose ratio in normals!...Mind the hidden normal elo!)
If u bring as a Argument "i played around 510 normal games and won 260 of em"...should i say now "i played around 1900 normal games and won 1050 of them"?...thats just complete ********(and comparing Elo too, i played tons of Games with Wintermond and i play tons of Games with Khazem...)

So stop thinking so highly of urself, also stop giving people advices until u got better.
U max Orb on Ahri and not Fox-Fire, if u max Fox-Fire personally, just say that u are sucky with skill shots right now instead of searching for an excuse, thats totally fine.
Building Kayle like an Ad-carry is usually the way to go.
I dont say anything to abyssal, i never liked it even before the nerf ;p...but around 70 magic res abyssal and void are kinda the same when it comes down to magic pen(not taking any masterys into account), and around 90 magic res with sorc boots.

And now im off to work after i infested this thread, see ya.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:33pm | Report
You can max Fox-Fire in some situations, mostly kill heavy lanes where it's easy to just jump on your opponent and fight them.

It does more damage than Orb of Deception and can't miss but you lose out on long range poke and you can't clear minion waves at all.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:38pm | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

@Cuddowls: Stop getting ahead of urself, u just some random noob that thinks he deserves Platin Elo if not even Diamond Elo just because some ppl are mentoring u now. U still have a lot to learn and are just at the start of improving to get better, so remove the the big ego of urs.(u finally got a positive win/lose ratio in normals!...Mind the hidden normal elo!)
If u bring as a Argument "i played around 510 normal games and won 260 of em"...should i say now "i played around 1900 normal games and won 1050 of them"?...thats just complete ********(and comparing Elo too, i played tons of Games with Wintermond and i play tons of Games with Khazem...)

So stop thinking so highly of urself, also stop giving people advices until u got better.
U max Orb on Ahri and not Fox-Fire, if u max Fox-Fire personally, just say that u are sucky with skill shots right now instead of searching for an excuse, thats totally fine.
Building Kayle like an Ad-carry is usually the way to go.
I dont say anything to abyssal, i never liked it even before the nerf ;p...but around 70 magic res abyssal and void are kinda the same when it comes down to magic pen(not taking any masterys into account), and around 90 magic res with sorc boots.

And now im off to work after i infested this thread, see ya.

LoL i never said i deserve any of that. On the games i played i was simply answering his question
Im not bragging i know that this number is very small. I dont have a big ego either, where your getting this confuses me. Ive had a Positive win loss for quite a while now and i dont think anything of it. Yes i try to keep it positive, but im not gonna go up to people yelling im positive. I know it means nothing.
On the ahri matter. Ok Lets see, if you play ahri you farm lane the entire time and not really go for kills then by all means get q. But what i like to do is have a point in q and e and the rest go into w
So that when i ding 6 i can actually Kill because foxfire is the most Damage out put.
Not sure why people keep saying that Its better to take q when they don't realize that you should probably take w because its A LOT more killing potential. If you use q to farm then you should stop and learn to last hit efficiently
Thats all i have to say in reply to that.
Not sure why people assume all this **** but im not gonna let it get into my head
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:50pm | Report
Fox fire and Orb of Deception have the same base damage to a single target, however Fox Fire has a slightly better ap ratio, however Orb does true damage on the way back. I wouldn't say Fox Fire does more damage, just that it's easier to hit then Orb.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 8:55pm | Report
yehosera wrote:

Fox fire and Orb of Deception have the same base damage to a single target, however Fox Fire has a slightly better ap ratio, however Orb does true damage on the way back. I wouldn't say Fox Fire does more damage, just that it's easier to hit then Orb.

My point is I find it more affective to Land your E then q them, then Ult using your w as you ult, The W will deal a lot of damage when coupled with the ult . Plus it is sure to land, There is no missing with it. I honestly dont understand why people dont get this. The Travel time for fox fire to champion is like half a second
For your q to come back it about 1.5 seconds
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 9:08pm | Report
yehosera wrote:

Fox fire also has a lower cooldown and it can't miss, whereas it's possible to miss half or all of Orb's damage.

But yes I'd say Orb is generally better.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 2:27am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

I dont have a big ego either, where your getting this confuses me.

er

okay

if you say so

And @Fox-fire vs Orb:
Orb cuz pushing potential as well.
Also E--> Q is easier than E-->W (often goes to minions)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide