Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Question about Character Speed

Creator: Vegeto888 March 3, 2011 2:08pm
1 2
Vegeto888
<Member>
Vegeto888's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 2:08pm | Report
So while I'm reading stuff on here I see that different characters have a different base speed. I mainly play as Ashe and it says my base speed at level 18 is 300. Then I see other people with up to 330.

Now my main question is item related. When I buy Boots of Swiftness, it says Enhanced Movement 3. Now I highly doubt this means that my speed of 300 now becomes 303. Can anyone clarify how much speed i'm actually getting? And do speed buffs stack? I know that they don't stack from the same item, but can I get different items with unique speed buffs and stack speed?

Thnx for the help.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 2:11pm | Report
I can answer one question. Yes speed buffs do stack (nots boots, but spells etc.) For example Ghost, tailwind, zilean's speed boost, and mundo's sadism speed boosts all stack. At least as far is I know.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 2:22pm | Report
The following was taken from the League of Legends Forum.

Credit goes to Stumpster for compiling this.

III. Movement

Q: How much movement do the different levels of boots add?
A: Level 1 adds 50, Level 2 adds 70, Level 3 adds 90, Level 5 adds 130. Boots do not stack.

Q: How do movement modifiers work? (Credit to Larias)
A: First, you have your base movement of say 300. You add boots first, always boots first, so if you have boots added.

Let's say you get boots 2. That's 370 movement. Then, you get 35% movement speed buff from items or runes or masteries or buffs: that 370 is multiplied by 1.35, or 499.5 movement speed. If this is the only thing affecting your movement speed, the diminishing returns formula kicks in.

Now, let's say you get slowed by 38% (ashe arrows). What happens is the ORIGINAL 499.5 is multiplied by .62, and you get 309.69 movement speed. Because 309 is not above or below diminishing returns, you stay at that speed.

Q: What are these diminishing movement returns? (Credit to Guinsoo)
A: For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.

Q: Do slows stack?
A: Sort of. Item slows do not stack - if you have two people with Frozen Mallet, for example, the slows will not stack. This includes two different items as well: if you have a Frozen Mallet and a Rylai's Scepter, the slows will not stack.

Ability slows do stack; however, they do not work additively. If you have two 50% slows, it's not a 75% slow or a 100% slow. There are soft caps on how far you can be slowed (and hasted), and these kick in.
Vegeto888
<Member>
Vegeto888's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 4:54pm | Report
Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 7:24pm | Report
No problem, it's my job. :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 11:17pm | Report

No problem, it's my job. :D

You get paid? O_O

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 11:24pm | Report

You get paid? O_O

Why do you think their names are green...? CHA CHING!

Nah but, great help there Jebus, you SHOULD get paid for all the work you do. :)
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 11:31pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

Why do you think their names are green...? CHA CHING!

Nah but, great help there Jebus, you SHOULD get paid for all the work you do. :)

I totally agree :) And Mowen should get paid for her doodles (I looked through your DA last night, I was bored, amazing stuff you got :P)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
HIACliff
<Member>
HIACliff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 11:35pm | Report
Also a note... Items can stack as long as it doesn't say UNIQUE: next to it. Example, you can get 6 Phantom Dancers and run reeeaaaally fast.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2011 11:36pm | Report
HIACliff wrote:

Also a note... Items can stack as long as it doesn't say UNIQUE: next to it. Example, you can get 6 Phantom Dancers and run reeeaaaally fast.

on rammus, Q, zilean speed boost, ghost = cross map in like 6 seconds or something :)

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide