Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rengar Noob Seeking Assistance

Creator: Re4XN September 9, 2015 3:28pm
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2015 3:28pm | Report
I know there are tips and tricks throughout the interwebz, but I'd like to know your opinion on this. I was planning on buying Rengar (seriously considering it now) and I played 3 games so far. I like his style and I have a lot of fun playing him, but he is somewhat hard to play and I was seeking some advice. Any kind of advice is useful, since I am still new to him. So far, my biggest issue is NOT getting blown to pieces after I Right-Click > Delete a player. I am able to one-shot the guy, but I'm dead afterwards (teamfights).

Also, does Rengar's passive grant bonus damage or is it just the leap? Some people are telling me it's just the leap, but I watch guys on YouTube always clearing jungle creeps from a bush...

Seriously, any kind of tip is useful.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Well, if you are new to Rengar, you could try out some more bruiser-ish builds, however Rengar going 1 for 1 is a common thing in teamfights. (That's why you try to get a pick with Thrill of the Hunt, before the fight starts)

His passive only gives him the leap, no extra damage. The best advise I can give to a new Rengar player would be:

1)Learn your combos by heart.

2)Make sure your first 2-3 ultimates count, since the cooldown is so damn long, before you get CDR and more points into it.

3)Be patient with your assassinations, don't rush it.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2015 4:30am | Report
LevasK wrote:
Well, if you are new to Rengar, you could try out some more bruiser-ish builds, however Rengar going 1 for 1 is a common thing in teamfights. (That's why you try to get a pick with Thrill of the Hunt, before the fight starts)

His passive only gives him the leap, no extra damage. The best advise I can give to a new Rengar player would be:

1)Learn your combos by heart.

2)Make sure your first 2-3 ultimates count, since the cooldown is so damn long, before you get CDR and more points into it.

3)Be patient with your assassinations, don't rush it.

Thanks. Learning combos is the hardes part, Rengar jumps SO fast Q_Q What I am currently doing is get 5 Furocity, then R > Q > E (mid-air) > Q > W and then whatever I can squeeze in. If they have someone with an escape, I use my empowered Bola Strike instead of empowered Q. These are the 2 combos I use as of now, but some Rengar Mains tell me they have 6-8 different ones T_T

Also, about ganking, should I ever gank a lane without full Ferocity stacks? It's a bit hard to gank pre-6 without an Empowered Bola...

Thanks for your tips, LevasK :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide