Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Specialization vs. Jack of all Trades

Creator: VLatin June 6, 2012 6:03pm
1 2
VLatin
<Member>
VLatin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 8:25pm | Report
Ok guys thanks for clearing that up, guess I'll try as many champions as I can and try to play every role at least decently. I bough Lee Sin and I LOVE him, the way he can go in and out of battle is just so great. I'll try to pick an AP because I most of the time play tanky DPS types and want to start experimenting with more squishy glass cannons.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 1:18am | Report
Doublelift got to the top by playing only Blitzcrank and then learned more champions once he got there.

Do your thing, whatever works for you :)
Razormaul
<Member>
Razormaul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 6:06am | Report
You should have one role which is your best, but you need to be decent in all roles for when you play draft mode games
Looking for guides for junglers? Check out my guides for, Alistar, Nautilus and Maokai.
Please vote and comment. Thank you!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2012 11:53am | Report
If you're used to tanky, you don't NEED to be super squishy to play AP. You can start the transition by getting Xerath and then get these items:

Mercury's Treads
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rod of Ages
Morello's Evil Tome
Abyssal Mask
Rabadon's Deathcap

Every single one of these items gives AP, and cranks the hell out of Ascended Form, plus you get mres from abyssal, merc treads, and athenes, AND you get max cdr as long as you have the 4% from masteries (39%, w/e, .08 seconds can kiss my ***).

572 ap with 50% spell pen (assuming mastery and no mpen runes), an extra 85 armor, extra 118 mres, total of 148, and max CDR (which jacks your dps by a **** TON). If you have 30 ap from runes and masteries, the numbers change to 602 ap and 90 extra armor, to total about 165.

less Complicated:
602 AP
50% spellpen
39% CDR
165 Armor
148 mres
2,450 health
Assuming your runes and masteries, numbers might be +/- a couple based on that.

Thats fairly tanky, with some really good damage output. Xer has a decently high skillcap, but if you can break it, its really freaking scary lol. HUGE range for poke, especially in locus of power, which makes him a fantastic harasser. Fairly reliable stun, and his ult just ***** damage very quickly. So to make the transition from tanky ad to squishy ap, this might make it a bit easier lol.

Hope this helps!
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
MicroGodrad
<Member>
MicroGodrad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2012 8:33pm | Report
I recommend learning at least 3 roles, and if you want, focusing on one, but being fair on the others (so if you are forced out of ADC, you aren't screwed).
For example, I can go anywhere. I'm a decent jungler, as long as my junglers don't get banned, I can play top pretty well, I can go support, I can play a few ADCs (although that is probably my worst roll, unless you count AP Ezreal as an AD Carry...what?), but APC mid is by far my best roll.

One thing that you really do want to make sure though, is that you can play more then one champion in your favorite roll, preferably more then one champion in every roll.

Also yes, it is a shame Shen is permabanned.I was really said when I first started playing draft, as Shen was my main. :(
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide