Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tips for raising elo?

Creator: cooper56 September 20, 2012 6:54pm
1 2 3 4 5
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 6:54pm | Report
Right now my elo has drooped very much. I was just above 1300 elo and i dropped to now almost below 1,000 elo.. Not sure what to do i try play few champs im good at and do well. Last game played i lost i was lonea my adc got super fed was 8-0 15 minutes in but we ended up losing still there top and mid dominated and got fed and ez just kept getting shut down. I think i actually feel my self getting worse as player lower my elo gets and less i care since im already almost below 1,000.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 9:58pm | Report
A few things I have learned.

1. Watch where you are on the pick list. If you are first or second pick, DO NOT call out for top or mid. Ever. Thats just begging to get a counter. Call out for ADC, support, or jungle. Only call top or mid if you are last pick or next to last.

2. Pay attention to the enemy's picks. If they do something stupid, like first pick jumping on the chance to play Kassadin because he somehow wasn't banned. That's a perfect chance for you to grab Talon and just **** all over him. A website you can access while you are trying to decide who to play against their champ is http://www.lolcounter.com/ . See who they pick, go to this site, and type it in, and see what champ's toolkit counter that champ. Makes countering alot easier, I use that site alot and its pretty spot on.

3. For those roles you play alot, you need a very wide range of champs with polar opposite playing styles. For example, in mid i rotate between Zyra, Swain, Gragas, and Talon, and I am perfectly capable of playing Ryze, Veigar, Fizz, Vladimir, Mordekaiser, Cho'Gath, Zilean, and Ziggs. My supports include Nunu & Willump, Maokai, and Zilean, although im comfortable playing Leona and Taric. For every other lane you need 3 champs that you are competent with, in case people are *******s and make you play a role you aren't really that great at because you are last pick.

4. If no one steps up to become a team leader, take that position yourself. An army with a general will always crush an army without one. Call times to go get dragon, make the call to force baron when you have managed to catch one of them out and kill him, and MAKE them fight 5v4 or give you a free baron. Make those big decisions. Be ballsy. Be bold. But always be smart.

5. Try to get a group of people to play with, some friends that you trust to duo que with. I have always found the best of luck where one of us jungles, and one of us goes into a solo lane. That way you KNOW your jungler is going to do well, and you KNOW one of your hardest snowballing lanes will do well. If you need to find some people to play with feel free to put in an app with my clan at taw.net . It's one of the biggest clans in LoL, and if you throw a rock you can find a player more than willing to run ranked with you. They are just as anxious to have a good partner as you are XD

If you have any other more specific questions, let me know I will be more than happy to give you any tips i can think of.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 3:54am | Report
LEARN TO CARRY NOOBS, AND NOT GET FRUSTRATED WITH THEIR GAMEPLAY.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 5:27am | Report
^

Also learn when you are strong enough to help other lanes. If your carry go strong and stuff is well warded, you can try going mid and using that tripple stun on their enemy mid. If you're midlaning, roam when you're strong enough. If top, consider going mid sometimes.

At our elo, a lot of people ward like **** or simply can't measure situations. "Oh, it's just a Singed coming from top, what's the worse thing he could do to me?"
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

TotHeMax
<Member>
TotHeMax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 12:37pm | Report
Singed OP. I'm serious. Hes fun playing, and I have NEVER lost while playing him with a decent support and carry.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 4:18pm | Report
Just dont play rankeds
Best way to avoid losing elo, so you wont need to raise it
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 7:17pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

^

Also learn when you are strong enough to help other lanes. If your carry go strong and stuff is well warded, you can try going mid and using that tripple stun on their enemy mid. If you're midlaning, roam when you're strong enough. If top, consider going mid sometimes.

At our elo, a lot of people ward like **** or simply can't measure situations. "Oh, it's just a Singed coming from top, what's the worse thing he could do to me?"

Yea people at my elo not that great. Im not that great ether but at least i know basics i have mids saying they will never buy wards its support job not there and they losing dieing from ganks. Its everyones role to ward when need even if support gets most wards.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 9:45pm | Report
You just gotta carry past them. Hey, at 1.4K I got a Malzahar saying "Lee, don't gank ever. I don't want ganks, gtfo my lane I lane solo". He gave first blood to Zyra, and got her to Killing spree until finally he was able to stop her WITH LEE.

What did he write? "/All Malz is OP"

(then he 1v1'ed her, killed her and died to her passive)
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2012 10:27am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

You just gotta carry past them. Hey, at 1.4K I got a Malzahar saying "Lee, don't gank ever. I don't want ganks, gtfo my lane I lane solo". He gave first blood to Zyra, and got her to Killing spree until finally he was able to stop her WITH LEE.

What did he write? "/All Malz is OP"

(then he 1v1'ed her, killed her and died to her passive)
Yea i know right now im 1,110 elo i raised it quit a bit i been playing alot of adc and solo top jayce. Last game i won caitlyn 23-2 game b4 that jayce won that 14-5. Problem is is find im getting stuck with support alot well i guess you can carry as support but no dmg wise i usually play leona or blitz if im support or ali.
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2012 10:33am | Report
Call the lane you are best at.
"MID OR FEED"

Sure, you might sound like a ****head, but if it's your strongest role, then play it.
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide