Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Udyr Jungling Help

Creator: Smitty224 May 22, 2011 3:53pm
21 posts - page 2 of 3
Eihn
<Member>
Eihn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 5:00pm | Report
Armor runes i think are the best option to take
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 5:02pm | Report
Dodge runes are better on certain junglers (Udyr, Jax, some others)
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 5:38pm | Report
Honestly I would get flat armor seals and HP quints, but I just like Udyr really tanky. All you really need for damage on him is trinity force and madred's bloodrazors as most of his damage comes from his skills. I usually get randuin's and banshee's with merc treads and whatever you want for a last item, be it something tanky or with a lot of damage.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 5:40pm | Report
Agreed. Invest in flat health quints instead of attack speed.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 9:24pm | Report
Flat HP Quints are realll good.

I'm sad they got nerfed tho :[

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 4:16am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

Flat HP Quints are realll good.

I'm sad they got nerfed tho :[

Pre nerf I remember seeing a Mundo start off with over 1k health at level 1 :/

@Smitty
I'd recommend you to start at blue buff if you can handle it, starting at golems can be extremely dangerous if you're not fully runed up, I'd imagine you lose a lot of health? One accurate CV/good counter jungle and you're forced to B/die.
This is, however, if you do get to really low health, just a stab in the dark but I'd guess you do.

If worst comes to the worst, I'd recommend going -
Wraiths (smite blue wraith)
Wolves
Golems
B
Blue buff (smite blue buff to finish it off)
Wolves
Wraiths
Red buff (smite red buff to finish it off)

It's a lot more sustained, but it's normally a lot safer - which can really help if you don't have full masteries/runes.
tinolas
<Member>
tinolas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 2:11pm | Report
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 3:37am | Report
Hmm, yeah i can guess why you have problems with jungling, i don't have the correct runes (alacrity,focus and some tier 2 ****) but i start with the blue buff as tiger with 5 pots and 1 armor and smite and i easily down him with 2 full dots of hp (around 200 hp?) left.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sxrs-in-depth-look-to-udyr-updated-march-3-2011-56684?page=1
It's a guide of someone, don't think im advertising him it's just that you should take a look at the video's posted there, it shows EXACTLY how to jungle with phoenix or tiger skill at the start.
If you copy his actions exactly you will end up with lvl 5 and red buff before teleporting back to get madreds and a few wards.
Euphoria860
<Member>
Euphoria860's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 2:03pm | Report
I've played Udyr for a long time and he's come to be my favorite champion. That's the same guide I used right there ^. It's very good, I've pwned a lot of noobs using it.

I run 21/9/0 masteries, if I feel like I need to be the main boss tank in the game lobby depending I my team I switch to 9/21/0.

I also have Tiger DPS soak runes.

Magic Penetration (red) - 8.5 ( Tiger stance DoT is magic based. )
Dodge (yellow) - 6.8
Magic Resist Per Level (blue) - 24 at 18
Armor Penetration (Quint) - 10
Smitty224
<Member>
Smitty224's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 5:41pm | Report

Hmm, yeah i can guess why you have problems with jungling, i don't have the correct runes (alacrity,focus and some tier 2 ****) but i start with the blue buff as tiger with 5 pots and 1 armor and smite and i easily down him with 2 full dots of hp (around 200 hp?) left.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sxrs-in-depth-look-to-udyr-updated-march-3-2011-56684?page=1
It's a guide of someone, don't think im advertising him it's just that you should take a look at the video's posted there, it shows EXACTLY how to jungle with phoenix or tiger skill at the start.
If you copy his actions exactly you will end up with lvl 5 and red buff before teleporting back to get madreds and a few wards.

I've played Udyr for a long time and he's come to be my favorite champion. That's the same guide I used right there ^. It's very good, I've pwned a lot of noobs using it.

I run 21/9/0 masteries, if I feel like I need to be the main boss tank in the game lobby depending I my team I switch to 9/21/0.

I also have Tiger DPS soak runes.

Magic Penetration (red) - 8.5 ( Tiger stance DoT is magic based. )
Dodge (yellow) - 6.8
Magic Resist Per Level (blue) - 24 at 18
Armor Penetration (Quint) - 10

Thank you both, and everyone else for your assistance. I use the tiger dps soak in that guide and I do not have full runes or masteries yet. But its works great starting at blue.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide