Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What tank to use

Creator: Zorc March 7, 2011 3:49pm
21 posts - page 2 of 3
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:10pm | Report
Mundo is barely a tank - he's an ok offtank at best.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 3:49pm | Report
SinDelta wrote:

Guys aren't we all forgetting Mundo :P haha on a serious note. If you like to tank you should try Alistar who i think is an amazing tank, he has aoe stun and his headbutt can push away the carry attacking your squishy and the cool about star is he can be built a few different ways and still be tanky.

Alistar's viability has been proven in the ESL finals, but I think that beyond 5-man premades he's not viable in the least.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Zorc
<Member>
Zorc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 10:26pm | Report
Well comboing with UForce + Randuin + FH + Ground Slam really cripple the enemy dps and so my team just focus on mage then dps. And because Mal always charge in first, most of the enemy will use their CC on him making him a good tank IMO as a new player. Though it may change when I reach a higher lvl where people will have more experience in team fight

I'm sorry Trojan but I don't quite understand what you mean saying "beyond 5-man premades he's not viable in the least." Do you mean Allistair is only good when there are good team mate?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 10:32pm | Report
Trojan is saying that because Alistar is dependent on people being in position for when he knocks up / punts people around.

Also, the thing is ususally your team will go in right after you ult with Malph to take advantage of the enemies being knocked up. So your melee heroes will also be vulnerable after the initial knock-up. Malph can't do much to tank after his initial ult (though his intiate is one of the best in the game) that's why he's not as good a tank as say Shen or Rammus who have taunts.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Zorc
<Member>
Zorc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 6:18am | Report
I'm not feeling the 'vibe' when using Shen so maybe I'll pass on buying him. I'll try Rammus/Amumu when they are free later....
TooW
<Member>
TooW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 6:34am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Trojan is saying that because Alistar is dependent on people being in position for when he knocks up / punts people around.

Also, the thing is ususally your team will go in right after you ult with Malph to take advantage of the enemies being knocked up. So your melee heroes will also be vulnerable after the initial knock-up. Malph can't do much to tank after his initial ult (though his intiate is one of the best in the game) that's why he's not as good a tank as say Shen or Rammus who have taunts.

I play both Malph and Rammus and I find malph a better tank just because he can start a fight with the flick of a finger. Ok he dont got taunt but rammus can only taunt 1 person and you can see him coming, whit malph u can come from a the brush with his ult surprise the other team, and deal a decent amount of dmg with Ground Slam. Some ppl even run when u initiate with that ult, but now we are talking preference and play style.
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 2:26pm | Report
Not to create another topic. I have fun and fruitious time (very few losses) playing as Shen, but knowing he can be banned in ranked, what other tank could I use that works quite same as he?
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 2:31pm | Report
Rammus is the only other tank with a taunt that's on a relatively low cooldown. Galio has an AoE taunt. But no other tank can save someone from across the map like Shen can.

Since Rammus is banned quite often as well, I'd say Amumu, since he has a long-distance initiate, like Shen, and an AoE disable, also like Shen. They also both have damage-reducing abilities.
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 3:23pm | Report
Hmm whamus, dunno about amumu, have usually hard start with him :/
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 1:51am | Report
At the start amumu is a bit squishy yes, but that is fine if you don't use your stun for any other reason then to stop an opponent from beatin up your ally or when you are going for the kill of a person who's team has to flee when you attack.
At the start i usually just try to avoid damage or when i'm facing ranged champions like ashe i use the brush to scare them away.

As for shen, he might be one of the harder tanks to play along with amumu for newcommers as both require good timing and knowledge of their skills aswell as when to use something or not to be effective.
Their stun/taunt are a bit harder then normal as you have to aim those skills rather then klick on nearby target = stun/taunt
The first time i used shen when i just started i nearly always wasted my ultimate (for teleporting back, PHAIL!!! you should just walk back) and always was out of energy like someone posted earlier.
Rammus is somewhat easier as he can also use his pball to run and/or stun + his taunt is on target, his ultimate doesn't require anything other then pressing R so yeah, for a first time try rammus i'd say.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide