Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Update: Shen

Creator: Wayne3100 January 13, 2016 5:10pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 5:28am | Report

It's great for support Im assuming, or even for dueling/skirmishing as a jungler.

Vyn, thoughts on this kit for the support role?

Great for supporting it may be, but now he's 100% a tauntbot botlane because he can't harass at all.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 5:42am | Report
Agreed. I liked the dual ninjato thing.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 6:07am | Report
I think it's a great update because it makes his kit more relevant to other kits in the game. I mean like, none of guys think Shen has a great and exciting kit right?
Or that he's relevant in this meta, right?

Basically MOBAFire.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 6:16am | Report
I think it's a great update because it makes his kit more relevant to other kits in the game. I mean like, none of guys think Shen has a great and exciting kit right?
Or that he's relevant in this meta, right?

As a Shen main, I can agree that he can be rather boring to play (in lane), but his map dymaic is, in itself highly enjoyable for me. Glad none of that changed at all.

As for the second part, refer to H4x's tier list. He's still very high up the tiers. This is a tank meta, son.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 6:20am | Report

As a Shen main, I can agree that he can be rather boring to play (in lane), but his map dymaic is, in itself highly enjoyable for me. Glad none of that changed at all.

As for the second part, refer to H4x's tier list. He's still very high up the tiers. This is a tank meta, son.

(it was sarcasm)
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 6:26am | Report
Oh. I'm very tired.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 6:47am | Report

Vyn, thoughts on this kit for the support role?

No clue, but I assume that as long as his ult and taunt remain unchanged he's going to be the same as before.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 7:36am | Report
I always thought ninjas were about being sneaky. Does a giant sword increase Shen's sneakyness?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 7:42am | Report
Yeah, like utopus already mentioned, laning phase will probably get a lot harder, unless his numbers are insane of course. I mean, if he can simply block everything while he's taking down a minion every few seconds it'll be k for at least some matchups.

Otherwise he has no reliable ranged farm mechanic, which really sucks.

His only way to trade seems to be to to just go full ****** with an E engage (if you get ganked you're dead) and then pull the sword through (blocking AAs after). So either his stats are so insane that he can just outtrade everything or he'll be super reliant on his jungler and/or getting a lead elsewhere through his ult. Which is pretty hard as the enemy laner will be pushing and it'll take a while to get back to lane.

In other words: I think it's time to say goodbye to top Shen and hello to an all-in support (maybe jungler) with some funny mechanics. Unless his numbers are insane of course.

I mean, what's the added benefit of some global presence if your chances of winning your own lane are slim, while your chances of getting snowballed out of lane are not unthinkable? Right.

I'll probably give him a go in the jungle though. I think it'll be fun.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2016 7:50am | Report
Nah, someone mentioned it earlier. He may not have as good of a laning phase, but he just becomes ******ed hard to kill later in the game no matter what you do (and he was already pretty damn hard to kill). Also he has a free shield passive and no mana to worry about. He will likely just just and try to equalize trades rather than being aggro like he currently is (However, they only removed his ability to harass/farm at a range, if anything it seems like he actually has more outright damage). The trade off to his former lane dominance is superior scaling.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide