Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dev Blog: Exploring Runeterra

Creator: Jovy September 4, 2014 1:28pm
1 2
RazeMage
<Member>
RazeMage's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 3:03am | Report
Honestly i don't really like the change

I feel that the story is pretty good where it was left at. Why champions from same side is on different team? Because it's the institute of war. I mean, it makes a bit more sense somehow than they fight in a real time like why do they fight each other if they are not forced to. In my sense, they fight so they can show how strong their faction is.

I think they let bad guys fight because.... it's better to keep them fight than prison them. They can run away from the prison or they can be keep busy doing what they love fighting.

And what i like the most of institute of war is how it was made. It was made so war didn't happen. Why? Because if another war happened, there will be the next rune war and what will happened when the next rune war happened? Chaos

And i'll miss all this connections with these chhampions. But as you guys said, i'll just wait and see what the wrwiters will do
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 6:13am | Report
My biggest issue with current lore (apart from one dimentional approaches) is that most champions feel like their stories end in a never-to-be-disclosed cliffhanger. You never know what they are doing, what the insinuations to their lore point to (wow jax could be akin to the aatrox race). You never get any further lore development once the champ is out, unless some big event (Shurima, Frejlord) comes at which point it doesn't simply develop their story, it goes and rewrites a part or all of it.

This lore reboot could be the key to changing some of these things. I also think they should start using events or major league competitions as an excuse for further lore development, in a Lord of the Five Rings sort of way. Stuff like "ok the finalist team A is representing Noxus, the finalist team B is representing Ionia" and then write lore of the victor's team and the bitter defeat.

I know some sort of event like what I mentioned gave birth to the Ionian boots, but more of those would be welcome.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 4:33pm | Report
doesn't matter, freljord incident ****ed everything up and nothing riot does for a lore department is of any worth.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 5:24pm | Report
Personally I just want this story to develop properly. Idgaf if it's not connected to the gameplay... Most of the lore was horribly written and uninteresting anyway :/

I'd love to see champs at their full potential, and their full backstory revealed... Lissandra's journey to now, Diana & Leona's backstory further developed, the darkin theories, maybe some more insight on the world where Kayle and morgana come from etc...

Sure, the judgements and all will be missed but they stopped doing those ages ago anyway. (still kinda sad though, I really loved the swain and leblanc judgements)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide