Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gnar, the Missing Link, revealed

Creator: Wayne3100 July 29, 2014 12:20pm
1 2 3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:20pm | Report

"Time marches on for most, but not Gnar. A yordle born millennia ago, Gnar was captured and trapped in true ice, frozen - quite literally - in time. Civilizations formed and fell as the prehistoric yordle vacantly stared on, but nothing – not even true ice – could confine Gnar forever. After breaking free, he wandered Runeterra until he found himself taken in by his yordle descendants. But, as they would soon discover, there's a beast behind the boy."

Click here for the full reveal of Riot's newest upcoming champion. What do you guys think, does he look fun? Will he become a strong top laner? Leave a comment with your thoughts here!

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:31pm | Report
He's so cute and fluffy!!!

he looks pretty solid...long range poke and speed when small and heavy hitting and CC in Mega form but its going to be interesting to see if he remains Top because I've so far heard a few people talk about playing him as a Jungle champion.

Anyone else think he might make a good Junglar?
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:35pm | Report
He's so cute and fluffy!!!

he looks pretty solid...long range poke and speed when small and heavy hitting and CC in Mega form but its going to be interesting to see if he remains Top because I've so far heard a few people talk about playing him as a Jungle champion.

Anyone else think he might make a good Junglar?

Possibly, but probably not. What Riot tried doing with this champion was to make him inconsistent intentionally. He's like Nid or Jayce or Elise, except you can't choose not to trigger your transformation. This means you'd have to have wicked timing with building his rage up to gank effectively. Also, he's got a decent ranged slow as mini Gnar, but big Gnar is pretty slow and likely can't close gaps well enough.

But I do agree. he's ****ing adorbs and I want him as a pet IRL. As long as he doesn't wreck my **** as big Gnar.
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:39pm | Report
From the looks of things his mini form is pretty delicate, meaning he'll probly be quite low health after a jungle clear. Also his gap closer requires a minion to get the full length out of it, so Im not sure he'll be good at ganking. It seems they've been very careful as to keep him strictly as a top laner. Though, oddly, that attack damage buff on his W is pretty crazy when you look at it. It procs for more than BORK active and also gives a speed boost to match.

Then they add some low cd harass,
Crazy long gapcloser (when in lane),
Giant aoe direction controlled cc,
the option to play between a tank or ranged dps(even if its timer based),

Fact is, this guy seems op as F*** XD
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:40pm | Report
I sense Teemo 2.0 -> Instabuying

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:44pm | Report
He looks stupid strong, the only thing limiting his gameplay being his own fury bar. I'm also growing tired of this thing where every two new champs need to have 294714 abilities.

He looks cute, I'll buy him but will probably set him aside once I figure out he's broken or grow tired of toplanerino.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 12:47pm | Report
False he only actually gets one new ability as big Gnar. The othe two seem pretty much the same lol.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 1:15pm | Report
All lane matchups: wait for his fury bar to fill and bully him until he turns back. The end.

I'm inclined to buy but I think this yordle will only survive one patch. Couldn't agree more with FalseoGod.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 3:12pm | Report
holy **** his voice is adorable
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 3:36pm | Report
I'll admit everything about him (Big Gnar included) is adorable to me.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide