Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gnar, the Missing Link, revealed

Creator: Wayne3100 July 29, 2014 12:20pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 3:40pm | Report
Yeah I overreacted with the variety of abilities he gets :P he actually has pretty interesting design, imma wait for more.

AND THAT VOICE IMMA CHANGE HIM BLUE AND CALL HIM STITCH

king boo311
<Member>
king boo311's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 4:07pm | Report
His voice reminds me of the minions from Despicable Me. Anyways, I'm going to sit back and relax / cry as all of the first time Gnars fly into top lane.
+rep is appreciated if I helped you in anyway! :D
My Guides
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 5:55pm | Report
holy **** his voice is adorable

Am I the only one who thinks he sounds like a ****ing Ewok?!

This is not a good thing, just saying.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 5:55pm | Report
He's adorable shut your mouth.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:15pm | Report
kinda reminds me of a jawa at some points, his voice.

>riot admits they cant balance transforming champions without taking away your ability to manually transform
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:19pm | Report
caucheka wrote:
kinda reminds me of a jawa at some points, his voice.

>riot admits they cant balance transforming champions without taking away your ability to manually transform

I guess I can see Jawa, though it's still more Ewok to me.

Anyway, their problem with their transform champions is that they give them the strength of both ranged and melee characters. A ranged character who can turn into a melee one has no need for the ability to kite, but if they can, then at least don't give them a disengage tool too!

Lastly, they never give them multiple viable build paths, which really crushes their versatility.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:27pm | Report
what would you even build on him? trinity/botrk and then tank? it feels like he needs AS and tankiness
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:41pm | Report
Alright, the numbers on these guy as of now are ****ing stupid.

Mini Gnar
Innate features a 10-38 movement speed increase, a 244-352 attack range increase, and a 5-90% attack speed increase.
Q features an 1.0-1.5 AD scaling and decent base damage (10-225). It also slows for 15-35%. 60% CD refund when caught.
W features up to 14% of maximum health damage every three hits. Also gains movespeed when transformed to back mini form.
E features a 20-60% AS steroid, plus a leap, plus damage based on his maximum health (20-180 + 6% of max health).
R passively increases the movespeed boost he gains from W when transforming back to min form, making the total bonus 45-75%. 75%!

Mega Gnar
Innate features a 70-750 health increase, a 2-36 bonus armour and magic resist increase, a 3-51 hp5 increase, and 4-40 AD increase.
Q features a 15-35% slow in an area, a low base damage (10-170) but a whopping 1.2 AD scaling. 60% CD refund when picked up.
W features a ranged 1.25 sec stun with a low base damage (25-125) but a solid 1.0 AD scaling.
E features the same damage as the mini E but slows everything in an area.
R features a throw in a target direction that affects all enemies in an area and slows them for 60% from 1 to 2 seconds. If they hit a wall, they take additional damage and are stunned instead of slowed. Damage is 200-400 + 50% bonus AD initially, but is increased by 50% when they hit a wall.

Not only does he have a enormous amount of CC but he also have numbers that rival Lee Sin's and he was a nightmare to play against in top lane, in his prime. Oh and on top of that, he gets a ****load of free stats. And you thought Shyv's passive was bad.

source
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2014 6:42pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:
what would you even build on him? trinity/botrk and then tank? it feels like he needs AS and tankiness

I think AD, perhaps Blade of the Ruined King early on, and later on some tankiness.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2014 4:30am | Report
The voice is pretty cute and all but when all his "quotes" and stuff are played in one go, they sounds incredibly obnoxious.

by jhoijhoi

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide