Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Lists of Legends: Champion Teasers You Might've...

Creator: Wayne3100 August 1, 2014 4:27pm
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 4:27pm | Report

Admittedly, we've done some really sneaky teasers before, too. And Lists of Legends wants to do a round-up of those sometime. But that time is not now. And it's not tomorrow, either. But it could be in the next few weeks. Or not. Sometimes teasers are hard.

We've experimented with a number of new styles of teaser lately. Braum's Trial of the Poro, Yasuo's scroll, Vel'koz's pulp sci-fi inspired motion graphic, Jinx's webpage defacing. Lists of Legends should probably do a round of those, too. But without getting sidetracked again, for a long while we released a number of official teaser pieces that tended to be a little more static than recent examples. And with Gnar's sleek new motion graphic breaking the ice of a still image, we thought it was fitting to share a collection of all the teaser art in one place. But please don't try to break it, that's not ice, it's your computer monitor.

We'll do this the way someone looking for a Benjamin Button-esque story about an aging father who goes through a bunch of really strange stuff on the way to becoming a normal boy reads Harry Potter, backwards in order of release.

25. Nami, "Dusk Beneath the Waves"

The light glitters off her fin in this tranquil look at the champion who commands the unfathomable power of the waves.

24. Zed, "The Shadow Beckons"

What's more frightening than a fed Zed? A Zed who can apparently get to a 100% CDR cap.

#23. Elise, "Gaze Upon Her Throne"

While not released as a teaser, per se, this backlit shot of the Spider Queen was originally intended to be a sneak peek..

22. Kha'zix, "Evolve or Die"

This is a pretty straightforward look at the Void monster whose mating call Deman does a marvelous job of impersonating here.

21. Rengar, "Natural Selection"

I CAN HAZ KNIFE-STABBY CLAW BLADES?

20. Diana, "Moonlit Reverie"

Diana's moonsilver blade is the focus of this starkly lit scene depicting the Lunari scion as an acolyte before the glow of her goddess.

19. Zyra, "Closer"

Mysterious, elegant. Alluring. We like to think of the teaser and splash being a before and after tandem, where the splash is what happens after you've accidentally insulted her flowers.

18. Jayce, "Man Observing the Most Glorious Sunrise Ever Witnessed while Clutching an Over-sized Hammer"

Players' first look at the Mercury Cannon-Hammer. While we've said it before, some of you might not remember that Jayce's code name in dev was "Apollo". So now you know, in case you ever get asked League trivia on stage at a live event or something.

End of Part One. Part Two arrives next week. Share your favorite teaser arts (or maybe art we missed) in the discussion below, and let us know what you think of Lists of Legends and what you'd like to see next .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Source: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/riot-official/xUUVA0qx-lists-of-legends-champion-teasers-you-mightove-missed-part-one

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 6:32pm | Report
I still remember how people felt when Zyra suddenly revealed her impossible spine and ugly *** face :3

jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 6:53pm | Report
I remember I literally fell out of my seat when I found out there was going to be a mermaid champion.

FalseoGod wrote:
I still remember how people felt when Zyra suddenly revealed her impossible spine and ugly *** face :3

Ikr. Her original splash art looks like ****. Her Halloween skin is pretty good though. They should make a skin where Zyra is literally dressed as a tree. Like a stage prop tree, where it's so obvious she's just wearing a tree costume.
My Guides

GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 4:13am | Report
I love it how all these teaser artworks are far better than the splash art of the corresponding champion. Well except maybe for Zed's, his splash art is pretty good too. The Zyra, Nami, and Elise teasers are far better though.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 6:53am | Report
I was pretty disappointed with the Nami splash art, back in the day.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:01am | Report
Quoted:
I was pretty disappointed with the Nami splash art, back in the day.

Same, still am, tbh.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:06am | Report
Yeah I know but I was so damn excited for Nami, especially after that awesome teaser. And poof, my dreams. Gone.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:10am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

It's not quite as hot as the teaser art, but I thought it was still pretty good to be honest.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:13am | Report
Quoted:
Yeah I know but I was so damn excited for Nami, especially after that awesome teaser. And poof, my dreams. Gone.

I mostly had that with Elise. First I was like, oh damn, she actually looks pretty badass. Then suddenly, nothing but boobs.
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2014 7:21am | Report
Yeah, elise's splash is a huge let down. Actually I fell that way about most splash atm.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide